Open Colleges has designed this Diploma of Human Resources Management course to give you the advanced skills and industry knowledge that you need to step up into senior HR roles.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Change Manager
- Human Resource Advisor
- Human Resources Consultant
- Human Resources Manager
- Talent Management Consultant
What You'll Learn
- Managing human resource services
- Workforce planning
- Performance management
- Recruitment, selection and workplace induction
- Remuneration and employee benefits
- Separation and termination
- Workplace learning
- Change management
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 18 months
You will need to have completed Year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate III level or higher, OR
- Two years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
To give yourself the best chance of success in this course it is recommended you follow the preferred pathway for this qualification:
- BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources or other relevant qualification; OR
- Have vocational experience in human resource management, but without formal qualifications.
You will need to be at least 18 years old
- When you graduate, you will be qualified to work in roles including, Change Manager, Human Resources Advisor, Human Resources Consultant, Human Resources Manager, and Talent Management Consultant.
- By studying online with Open Colleges, you choose where and when you learn, and make your way through your study at a pace that suits you.
- You will gain a nationally accredited qualification that you can use to gain work all across Australia.
- Case studies
- Portfolio of evidence
- Short-answer questions
- Video/Audio recording
- Written reports
- Determine strategies for delivery of human resources services
- Manage the delivery of human resources services
- Evaluate human resources service delivery
- Manage integration of business ethics in human resources practices
- Develop employee and industrial relations policies and plans
- Implement employee relations policies and plans
- Manage negotiations to resolve conflict
- Develop recruitment, selection and induction policies and procedures
- Recruit and select staff
- Manage staff induction
- Develop integrated performance-management processes
- Facilitate the implementation of performance-management processes
- Coordinate individual or group learning and development
- Create learning opportunities
- Facilitate and promote learning
- Monitor and improve learning effectiveness
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)