The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking) aims to guide learners to design computing infrastructure with a significant focus on IT networks. The course will equip you with a range of technical IT skills and competencies to boost your skillset and prospective employment opportunities. Subjects studied in this course include installing and managing complex ICT networks, enterprise communication solutions, managing network security, designing and implementing virtual computing and network solutions, and much more.
During this course, you will be working alongside our highly experienced specialist IT trainers to guide you and support you throughout your studies at TrainSmart Australia.
Who's It For?
This qualification is perfect for those looking to advance in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Master the skills you need to progress your career in IT.
You will learn a wide range of in-demand networking skills and industry-specific skills to provide and implement moderately complex solutions applicable to a wide range of industries.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Coordinator
- Network Operations Analyst
- Service Desk Analyst
- ICT Systems Administrator
What You'll Learn
The Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking) is guided by our four pillars of learning:
- Pillar 1: Develop intermediate and advanced programming skills, manage data and build advanced user interfaces to manage organisational requirements
- Pillar 2: Develop and design cloud infrastructure systems, including disaster recovery plans
- Pillar 3: Analyse maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
- Pillar 4: Manage virtual computing environments and security within ICT networks
These pillars of learning are at the crux of what being successful in the IT field is all about. To gain these learning outcomes you will be guided through 20 nationally accredited units to complete this course.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 Months – Full Time (15 hours per week)
- This course is offered online-only under the supervision of our IT trainers. Our trainers provide weekly online classes, 1-on-1 coaching sessions and online practical assessments via Zoom.
Prior to being enrolled into the VSL eligible course, TrainSmart Australia must reasonably believe that the applicant is academically suited and displays competence for the course requirements including meeting any of the set entry requirements. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate of education; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that was delivered as a part of the AQF (Australian Qualification Framework) that can be verified by the issuing organisation or the USI (unique student identifier) transcript or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy. TrainSmart Australia must also reasonably believe that the student displays that competence.
Please note, we are unable to enrol international students at this time.
- Study Online through LearnSmart, our Online Learning Platform (includes online textbooks, recordings and additional resources)
- Superior Trainer Support
- Fast Response Times
- Focus on Developing Practical Skills
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- RPL can provide you with the opportunity to gain a full or partial qualification without having to study subjects you already have skills in.
- This means you can save time and money by completing a qualification in a shorter period of time.
- RPL can also lead to better employment opportunities, a pay increase or a job promotion! Contact us for more details.
- Each unit contains 3 assessments to complete including Knowledge-Based Questions, Case Studies and Practical Assessments.
- TrainSmart Australia has a number of standing agreements in place with universities across Australia which guarantees student entry and credit transfers upon completion of a selection of our diplomas.
- Studying this qualification with TrainSmart Australia can open up further study pathways into studying a 2nd-year bachelor’s degree with Australian universities. Enquire for more details.
There are a variety of subjects within each core module.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)