The ICT50118 Diploma of Information Technology will provide you with the knowledge and skills to tackle and solve real-world problems in an IT role. The Diploma is designed across key areas such as security and networking, as well as administration and management of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in a variety of workplace settings.
You’ll become proficient in implementing and managing information systems and software including Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems and Virtualisation Platforms.
If you want to or are currently administering and managing ICT infrastructure, this qualification could be for you.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- ICT Systems Administrator
- ICT System Manager
- ICT Project Manager
- ICT Support Officer
- Network Support
What You'll Learn
- Identify ICT requirements in a business environment to provide hardware and software solutions
- Locate and rectify network problems
- Understand how to design, configure and test network servers
- Manage the security of a network
- Set-up a virtual computing environment
- Oversee and coordinate IT projects
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 15 months
- An opportunity to solidify and formally recognise on-the-job skills and experience you have developed
- Opportunities to use previous knowledge and other training to further tangible knowledge and skills
- Clear articulation pathways for higher education and on-going career development
- Recognition of the knowledge and skills you have worked hard to obtain
About Australian Institute of ICT
At The Australian Institute of ICT you get to study your way; from anywhere, at any time. Its industry-recognised qualifications aim for you to hit the ground running as soon as you graduate. Stretch your problem-solving skills with a forward-thinking course from the Australian Institute of ICT. These courses are taught by experts in their respective fields; they will share their skills and experiences from working in the IT industry and apply this to the concepts in your course. Together with your trainers, its Student Support Team will make sure you are supported each step of the way: guiding you through your subjects to lead you towards finishing what you started. You will also have access to a supportive online community of peers to fuel discussion over coursework and assessment pieces. You may be working remotely, but you’ll never feel alone.
Everthought College of Construction Pty Ltd (ECOC) trading as Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), RTO Number 51681