If you’d like to establish a career in the field of computer and network systems engineering, this practical, industry-designed IT course is ideal. This course provides you with advanced skills and knowledge in the design, installation and maintenance of local and wide area networks, wireless networking and security, internet security, cloud computing and virtualisation, enterprise network administration, computer hardware maintenance and desktop deployment.
Throughout the course, you’ll complete extensive practical laboratory tasks incorporating design, construction, systems commissioning and maintenance. You’ll also benefit from our strong industry partnerships with key ICT vendors including CISCO Networking Academy, Mikrotik Academy and Microsoft Imagine Academy. These provide the basis for our dynamic curriculum, ensuring you’ll have current and relevant skills and knowledge required for your future career.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Network administrator/engineer
- Systems software developer
- Client desktop support/technical support officer
- Technical project manager
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration Study Load
2 years full-time – 2 days per week
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 17 years and over
- Applicants are required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure they can satisfactorily attain Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3 in both reading and numeracy to apply for a VET Student Loan. To meet the academic requirements for the course, applicants are expected to have literacy and numeracy skills at Year 11 or Australian Core Skills Framework Level 3
- Applicants will need to enrol in and complete ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology and CICT40415 Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking in the first year of this course
- You will then enrol in and study ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology concurrently in the second year of this course
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
- Team projects
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)