Take your career to the next level with our Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918) and grow as an effective leader in a managerial role.
Designed for working professionals who plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources, you will learn how to communicate these skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisations requirements.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Executive Officer
- Head of Unit
What You'll Learn
On successful completion of this course, students will have the skills to:
- develop and demonstrate own emotional intelligence and senior leadership behaviour
- manage risks in a range of contexts
- develop, implement and monitor operational plan
- manage a project or a section of a larger project
- lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes
- facilitate teamwork and workplace relationships
- develop, monitor and review financial management approaches and processes
- encourage and support the development of a learning environment
- manage staff performance
- manage systems to ensure products and services are delivered to agreed organisational standards.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
The Estimated time to complete the course is:
- 7-8 hours per week over a study period up to 18 months.
- Individual students (online)
- Customised in-house training for groups, corporations and organisations.
The attainment of the Diploma of Leadership and Management will allow for:
- articulation into the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management and
- a range of undergraduate and postgraduate awards offered by the University of New England (UNE) Business School.*
*Applications must address UNE Program entry criteria. Enrolment fees are set annually by the UNE.
A combination of knowledge questions, work-related tasks and evidence portfolio, or RPL.