Would you like to actively contribute to the quality of life of others through providing lifestyle programs? Want to learn how to design, implement and evaluate health and leisure activities and programs for clients in residential facilities and/or in community agencies and day centres? Gain recognition for your existing skills or upgrade your knowledge with the Phillips Institute CHC53415 Diploma of Leisure and Health.
This qualification will equip you with the knowledge and skills for a satisfying and important role. You may also be responsible for other workers, work under professional supervision or as a sole practitioner.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- While the full duration of this program is 12 months, some individuals may be able to complete in a shorter time frame where relevant prior skills, knowledge and experience are demonstrated
- To be successful in this course, you must have strong spoken and written English language skills. You will be required to undergo a Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment prior to beginning this course. It is recommended that applicants have already gained a CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health or equivalent, together with relevant work experience – graduates of the Certificate IV may be eligible for credit in some subjects.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- If you are already designing and delivering an Activities Program, and wish to formalise your qualifications, or…
- If you hold the CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health, or have other related experience and/or qualifications …you could complete this course in reduced time
About Phillips Institute
Our courses are nationally recognised, which means you receive the accredited training and current skills for the workplace that employers expect.
We offer government-funded training to eligible applicants for most courses, and we even offer easy payment plans whether you’re funded or paying the full fee.
Class-based, facilitator-led training, with day, evening and weekend classes for Certificate III and Certificate IV programs. We also offer blended flexible learning, with online or print-based options for Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
If your course requires a placement, we will assist to source and organise one for you as close to your home as possible. This is a service we’ve been offering to our students for over 20 years.
Dedicated, professional educators with current industry knowledge and skills, and extensive training experience, ready to assist you to take the next step. And because we consult regularly with employer organisations, the training we deliver is what the industry expects.
Phillips Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #21868)