When you are planning on a management career, an understanding of the leadership process will form the foundation to build your management skills. You need to be able to effectively manage others to perform at their best while focusing on the growth of a business.
This course can turn your management experience into a formal qualification, or it can up-skill you to get further ahead in your career.
The BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management is a nationally recognised qualification, as delivered through the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Our trainers are industry professionals who are there to impart their expert knowledge to you, whether you’re just starting out, or currently working as an existing manager of a medium or large business.
This course will train you to develop a project plan, manage budgets and seek opportunities for further business improvement. You will gain knowledge on how to liaise with stakeholders and ensure team effectiveness. This diploma also addresses the multiple challenges faced by managers in today’s rapidly changing business environment and provides solutions and strategies to work under various business conditions.
If you are currently employed or engaged in other commitments, that is no barrier to study. This course is fully flexible with no assessment due dates or classes to attend. Structure your learning around your current commitments and take the next step in your business management career.
- Department Manager
- Operations Manager
- Team Leader
- Nationally Recognised Training
Duration & study load
Maximum 18 months
You will need to have completed:
- Year 11 and a minimum of one year of vocational experience, OR
- A nationally recognised qualification at the Certificate III level or higher, OR
- At least six (or more) months of relevant vocational experience in a team leader or supervisor role.
Team leader or supervisor roles include roles whereby learners have assumed responsibility for providing leadership, guidance and support to others as well as having some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
You will need to be at least 18 years old
This course requires you to read comprehensive learner workbooks, undertake a range of written assessments and engage in online discussion forums. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication.
As such, entry to the course requires English proficiency to Year 11 level or equivalent:
- A qualification at the Certificate III level or
- 2 years of work experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
- Printer and associated software
- Scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
Mac OS users:
- Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
You will need access to a digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video, audio and image files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smart phones include this technology.
You will also need access to software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc are available as a download from the internet.
Some assessments include a component for students to record a video. The requirements for these videos vary, depending on the assessment. If you are unable to conduct these in the workplace, if this is a requirement of the assessment, you have the option of engaging with friends, family and other students to record this via other means, such as Skype.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies.
- Case Studies
- Portfolio of Evidenc
- Short-Answer Questions
- Written Reports
Once you are enrolled in this course, you will receive access to the first Study Period, which contains the first set of units for the course. When you have successfully completed those units, you’ll be given access to the next Study Period.
Module 1BSBWHS501 : Ensure a safe workplace
- Establish and maintain an WHS system
- Establish and maintain participative arrangements for the management of WHS
- Establish and maintain procedures for identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks
- Establish and maintain a quality WHS management system
Module 2BSBPMG522 : Undertake project work
- Define project
- Develop project plan
- Administer and monitor project
- Finalise project
- Review project
Module 3BSBFIM501 : Manage budgets and financial plans
- Plan financial management approaches
- Implement financial management approaches
- Make informed decisions
- Review and evaluate financial management processes
Module 4BSBCUS501 : Manage quality customer service
- Implement plans to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Ensure delivery of quality products and services
- Deliver products and services to customer specifications
- Monitor, adjust and review customer service policy and procedures
- Make decisions to overcome problems
Module 5BSBMGT516 : Facilitate continuous improvement
- Lead continuous improvement systems and processes
- Develop strategies to ensure that team members are actively encouraged to participate in decision-making processes
- Establish systems to ensure that the organisation’s continuous improvement processes
- Monitor and adjust performance strategies
- Manage opportunities for further improvement
Module 6BSBHRM405 : Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- Plan for recruitment
- Plan for selection
- Support selection process
- Induct successful candidate
Module 7BSBWOR502 : Lead and manage team effectiveness
- Establish team performance plan
- Develop and facilitate team cohesion
- Facilitate teamwork
- Liaise with stakeholders
Module 8BSBMGT502 : Manage people performance
- Allocate work
- Assess performance
- Provide feedback
- Manage follow-up
Module 9BSBLDR501 : Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Identify the impact of own emotions on others in the workplace
- Recognise and appreciate the emotional strengths and weaknesses of others
- Promote the development of emotional intelligence in others
- Utilise emotional intelligence to maximise team outcomes
Module 10BSBMGT517 : Manage operational plan
- Develop operational plan
- Plan and manage resource acquisition
- Monitor and review operational performance
Module 11BSBLDR502 : Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- Manage ideas and information
- Establish systems to develop trust and confidence
- Manage the development and maintenance of networks and relationships
- Manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
Module 12BSBLED501 : Develop a workplace learning environment
- Create learning opportunities
- Facilitate and promote learning
- Monitor and improve learning effectiveness
Open Colleges offers two flexible payment options that could help you make considerable savings on the cost of this course.
Payment Option 1: Pay in weekly instalments
- $120.96 per week
- $100 deposit
Payment Option 2: Pay in full when you enrol and save up to 25% on eligible courses
- $4792.5 upfront payment
About Open Colleges
By submiting an enquiry on this Diploma of Leadership and Management, you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Open Colleges. At Open Colleges, we put you at the centre of everything that we do. We measure our success in the success of our students. With more than 100 years of experience in distance learning, we have the expertise in delivering education and training to individuals seeking to launch, change or accelerate their careers.
We focus on meeting the specific needs of adult learners by delivering highly flexible, accessible and affordable learning opportunities. Our unique learning model provides you with ultimate control – to study anywhere, anytime and at your own pace. Our online campus – OpenSpace – provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, collaboration with other learners and a comprehensive range of support services.
RTO number: 90796
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Open Colleges.
Included in your Open Colleges course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!