CAL’s Diploma of Marketing and Communication will prepare you to manage a wide range of aspects across marketing and communications, with crucial skills in end-to-end marketing project management, public relations, social media and digital campaign planning. You’ll gain key skills to strengthen your ability to make strategic business decisions, preparing you to take on senior marketing management roles within any organisation.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Marketing Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
What You'll Learn
- Prepare and deliver market research and consumer market reports to highlight areas of opportunity and risk
- Monitor consumer behaviour to analyse trends in spending and highlight opportunities
- Develop end-to-end campaigns across PR, social media, digital and traditional media
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
Part-time: approx 12 months
Full-time: approx 14-16 months
This diploma requires students to meet entry requirements to undertake this course. To satisfy the entry requirements for this diploma, you must have either completed the following units:
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience. You will be required to submit evidence and complete a short eligibility conversation with one of our Learning Coaches.
If you don’t meet the entry requirements yet, we offer the option to combine this qualification with our Pathway Package. This is perfect if you want to complete the diploma but need the entry requirement units. Find out more in your Course Guide, or speak to one of our Learning Consultants.
Where it will lead me
By completing this diploma, you’ll be prepared to confidently take your next steps into a marketing management role, with vital communications skills to support you. These will help you navigate the demands of marketing management, including the coordination of campaigns and advertising through to strategy development and reporting activities, identifying areas of opportunity and weakness within the market.
BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
BSBMKG542 Establish and monitor the marketing mix
BSBMKG552 Design and develop marketing communication plans
BSBMKG555 Write persuasive copy
BSBMKG545 Conduct marketing audits
SIRXMKT006 Develop a social media strategy
BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
BSBMKG550 Promote products and services to international markets
BSBMKG553 Develop public relations campaigns
SIRXMKT007 Develop a digital marketing plan
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning formed as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in 2009, and through high-quality training, unparalleled support and flexibility, we’ve been making a real difference in thousands of careers over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)