Save big on diploma courses! Limited time offer – up to 40%* off with TrainSmart!
Would you like to follow a career path that will equip you with specialised skills to lead and counsel people towards a brighter future? If a career providing counselling to those impaired by mental health interests you, the Diploma of Mental Health qualification with TrainSmart Australia will take you there.
When you study the Diploma of Mental Health at TrainSmart Australia, you will gain access to our team of experienced, professional, and friendly trainers, each who brings their own lived and professional work experiences from the Australian Mental Health sector.
Our trainers will you to online weekly classes and give you 1-to-1 support throughout this course to help you understand the learning outcomes and give valuable feedback on your theoretical and practical assessments to help you become a Mental Health Support Worker professional.
During this course, you will also be required to complete 160 hours of work placement to expose you to a real-world setting and apply the skills you have learned during your online study. Our work placement officer will work with you to arrange your placement with our network of 300+ organisations across Australia.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Mental Health Outreach Worker / Support Worker
- Coordinator / Assessor
- Case Manager
- Program Service Coordinator
- Welfare Support Worker
What You'll Learn
The CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health covers 20 units focused on achieving specialist knowledge and competencies related to the Health & Community Services sector. Some of the key learning outcomes in this course include:
- Work legally and ethically with people within a diverse community
- Understanding and assessing the holistic needs of the client
- Exploring different strategies and services available to support people through struggles
- Supporting people with complex issues such as domestic violence, AOD, addictions, homelessness etc
To achieve these learning outcomes, students are required to complete knowledge-based assessments, case studies, and practical assessments (role-plays, presentations) and complete 160 hours of work placement.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months (full-time) with the opportunity to extend
- Fully online – with weekly online live classes with your dedicated trainer
Prior to being enrolled into the VSL-eligible course, TrainSmart Australia must reasonably believe that the applicant is academically suited and displays competence for the course requirements including meeting any of the set entry requirements. This is determined by either:
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of an Australian year 12 certificate of education; or,
- The student providing TrainSmart Australia with a copy of a Certificate IV qualification (or above) that was delivered as a part of the AQF (Australian Qualification Framework) that can be verified by the issuing organisation or the USI (unique student identifier) transcript or,
- The student completing the Core Skills Profile for Adults online assessment passing at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy. TrainSmart Australia must also reasonably believe that the student displays that competence.
Please note, we are unable to enrol international students at this time.
- LearnSmart – To study this course, you will have access to our online learning management system, LearnSmart, to access all your course material and assessments.
- Simulated Practical – Simulated Practicals provides our students with a safe environment to demonstrate practical counselling skills within a simulated environment. Choose to complete your practical assessments when you’re ready through our online booking service.
- Dedicated Trainer Support – By enrolling into this course, you will have your own dedicated trainer to support you through the entirety of the course duration.
- Free Work Placement Support – TrainSmart Australia has a team of dedicated work placement coordinators who will help you find Work Placement opportunities all across Australia.
- University Pathways – TrainSmart Australia has a number of standing agreements in place with universities across Australia which guarantees student entry and credit transfers into a Bachelor of Psychological Science or Bachelor of Arts (Psychology).
- There are 160 hours of work placement required for this course. We have Work Placement Officers and Coordinators who can assist you in finding work placement
Recognition Of Prior Learning
TrainSmart students are eligible to apply for RPL. This will be conducted with a trainer through a series of interviews and document collation. Australia.
- Knowledge-based assessments
- Case studies
- Practical assessments (role-plays, presentations)
- All learning materials are online within our learning management system, LearnSmart. Learning materials include pdf textbooks, video lecture recordings, audio files and additional resources
This Diploma course requires 20 units of competencies to be achieved.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)