The Diploma in Practice Management is a Nationally recognised qualification developed for people keen to work as practice managers for medical/dental/allied health practices.
The Diploma combines skills from the business units with health care units to give a unique skill set that is required to work as a practice manager. As a practice manager, you will be managing the day to day running of the practice which includes and is not limited to managing the reception staff, doctors, nurses, allied health staff, accounts, KPIs, staff recruitment, scheduling and business development.
There is an extreme shortage of qualified practice managers currently and anyone with the right skillset and attitude will enjoy a lucrative and rewarding career in a management position in the medical/dental/allied health practice setting. Many qualified and experienced practice managers also start their own businesses offering their management services for multiple practices.
The course is done entirely online. So study while you work or from home to enter your new career.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Medical Practice Manager
- Dental Practice Manager
- Allied Health Centre Manager
- Independent Management Consultant
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 1 year, full-time
- 2 years, part-time
Note: As this is a self-paced course you can take as much as 3 years to it with an option to extend for 6 months on request.
- Able to use the computers and do assessments on online learning systems
- Able to read, comprehend, discuss and analyse printed information in English
- Able to write statements, solve basic problems and work effectively with clients, colleagues and supervisors are essential skills required to fulfil the work role
- Able to independently study as the course is offered online
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is available upon request. Recognition of Prior Learning is a process where a student may be granted credit or partial credit towards a qualification in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and formal training. RPL assessment is performed by a qualified assessor and should be applied for prior to commencing the program.
- Research and Reporting
- Workplace assessments can be done either at workplace or via zoom with the trainer
- Role play
- Developing procedures and processes
- Theory assessments
After completing the Diploma of Practice Management, there are pathways into bachelor’s degrees with Southern Cross University:
- Bachelor of Business — Credit granted: 8 units, of a total of 24 (33% of the course)
- Bachelor of Business and Enterprise — Credit granted: 8 units, of a total of 24 (33% of the course)
- Bachelor of Community Welfare — Credit granted: 4 units, of a total of 24 (16% of the course)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science — Credit granted: 8 units, of a total of 24 (33% of the course)
- Bachelor of Social Work — Credit granted: 4 units, of a total of 32 (12% of the course)
To achieve the Diploma of Practice Management, you must complete 10 core units and 5 elective units.
About Health Courses Australia
Health Courses Australia is a Registered Training Organisation offering Nationally Recognised Qualifications in Health, Aged, Counselling and Dental assistance. The main objective of Health Courses Australia is to ensure nationally recognised qualifications can still be done majorly via online or distance while still working within the boundaries of compliancy making them accessible to people living in remote areas, work at home mums or people who work full time or part-time and just cannot afford to attend a physical location for upskilling or entering into a new industry. We pride ourselves on the high level of student care we provide.
Health Courses Australia Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 32412)