The Diploma of Project Management (Specialising in Construction) is designed to equip graduates with the critical project management skills they need to succeed in planning, managing and delivering projects on time and to budget, with a focus on skills required for the construction industry, including WHS management and preparing contracts.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant Project Manager
- Construction Project Manager
- Construction Foreman
What You'll Learn
- Develop skills in managing projects costs and timing to ensure projects are finished on time and to budget
- Manage project information to ensure seamless communication across all team members of the project to promote efficiency
- Lead WHS and risk management to ensure the workplace is safe and workplace incidents are reduced and or eliminated
- Manage the application of building codes to ensure projects meet standards
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: approx 12 months
- Full-time: approx 15-17 months
- As part of your course, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace. If you are not currently in, or have not previously been in, an eligible workplace, you must source your own host workplace and undertake work that meets the requirements for the units of this course. For more information regarding workplace requirements, please speak to our friendly Learning Consultants
Where it will lead me?
- The Diploma of Project Management (Construction) online will set you up for long-term construction career growth with key skills in project planning and delivery, from creating work breakdown structures to dealing with time and cost constraints, through to managing human resources and communicating with stakeholders
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning formed as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in 2009, and through high-quality training, unparalleled support and flexibility, we’ve been making a real difference in thousands of careers over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)