The Diploma of Project Management is aimed at those who wish to pursue or develop a career in Project Management. This qualification is targeted at two main streams; candidates currently working in a project environment or those new to project management Participants without direct experience within a project environment should possess strong technical skills such as Engineers seeking to migrate into Project Management or current managers and supervisors looking to develop or qualify their project management skills.
The Diploma provides the key skills, knowledge and competencies to manage a project across a wide range of contexts. The Diploma of Project Management through Scope Training equips the participant with a deeper understanding of Project Management and the tools and techniques to gain a competitive advantage.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Project Manager
- Project Leader
- Senior Project Manager
- Area Manager
What You'll Learn
Broadly the Diploma of Project Management communicates to employers that you have demonstrated the following broad skills: Communication, Teamwork, Problem-solving, Initiative and enterprise, Planning and organising, Self-management, Learning and Technology skills.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
Duration Study Load
- Skills Recognition (RPL)
We provide students with the ability to complete the Diploma of Project Management over a one year period; however we find that the average time is between 3 to 6 months. During that time there is a large variance in the amount of time each student spends working on the qualification. Please contact our staff if you would like an estimate based upon your individual situation
Students are required to have access to a workplace, ideally a work-based project in order to apply the project management principles. This may include a previous workplace, as well as an understanding of the project environment. School leavers will not be enrolled into this qualification.
There are two main pathways into this qualification
- Relevant qualification – Ideally participants should hold a Certificate IV in Project Management. However there are a number of other accepted qualifications from industry areas such as Business, Health and Safety etc. Many participants of this program are tertiary qualified professionals looking to migrate into a project role. If you would like to discuss your acceptance based upon your existing experience please contact our friendly team.
- Work Experience – Many students enter this qualification without holding existing qualifications. As the programs are designed based upon the work environment, experience within that environment is an acceptable point of entry. In regards to the Diploma of Project Management, this may include but not limited to experience within a project environment, or another technical field, this may be either as a manager, Project Manager, Project controller, Project Engineer, Senior Project Manager, supervisor or leading hand.
Upon successful completion of 12 chosen units, participants will be awarded the Diploma of Project Management. The Diploma of Project Management is highly regarded as the industry standard in the recognition of Project Managers.
Participants will undertake learnings to sharpen their skills (as per key skills section) as well as the opportunity to apply Project Management skills and concepts to work-based situations. This will provide participants with the skills they need to effectively manage projects across a range of different environments.
The Diploma of Project Management requires the completion of 12 units. The following are those selected by Scope Training in consultation with industry. Alternative units can be selected, please contact our friendly team to arrange.
About Scope Training
Scope Training is a niche Registered Training Organisation based in Perth, working in close collaboration with diverse clients ranging from industries in Mining, Oil & Gas, Construction and the Public Sector. Our RTO Code is 52127. Scope does things a little differently to most training organisations, the main point of difference is that all the training development, delivery and assessment are conducted by subject matter experts. Where most organisations hire trainers, the consultants at Scope are industry experts with a demonstrated ability to pass on their skills, knowledge and experience.
Scope combines a highly qualified and experienced staff base to facilitate flexible Nationally Recognised Training across Project Management, Management & Business, Training & Assessment and Health & Safety. Scope offers training in two specific markets; the corporate training market, assisting organisations develop their staff as well as the individual market; assisting individuals improve their skills, careers and competitiveness in the employment market.
RTO Code : 52127