- This course is not CRICOS registered and is not available to Student Visa holders
Get down to business and turn your business acumen and passion for fitness into a career with a SIS50115 Diploma of Sport and Recreation. If you have a passion for sport and recreation, and a strong head for business, this qualification is your ticket to a rewarding career in sports management.
The SIS50115 Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management will enable you to move into a managerial position in competition management, facilities management or program management and gives you the choice to work in a range of job sectors. From graduation, you will be equipped
with the practical skills required to manage a successful and thriving fitness centre or facility. You will learn how to develop marketing strategies, coordinate client service activities, obtain sponsorships and finance management. Also, you will also be able to recruit and lead staff, manage
organisational risk and maintain work health and safety systems.
To broaden your understanding of the fitness industry and gain a competitive edge, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers offer a range of elective subjects that will give you a deeper understanding of event planning, fitness equipment management and more.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
You will need to have completed year 10, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or (Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
- MAC: Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later. Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download
Largest network of locations – We have the industry’s largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we’re in your area.
Flexible payment options – A range of payment options to suit your lifestyle.
Learn from real fitness professionals, in real gyms – Designed to give you a most practical experience in a real gym environment.
Largest network of industry partnerships – The largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners.
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education, we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support - Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Largest network of locations - We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options - We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO - 32363)