Are you working in a sports turf environment, and would like to take your career to the next level?
This course equips you with the latest industry skills and knowledge and covers a range of topics to prepare you for supervisory, management or consultant positions in the field of turf management.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Golf course superintendent
- Head groundsperson
- Turf consultant
- Curator of cricket and football ovals
What You'll Learn
The course covers:
- Staff and machinery management.
- Setting up, conducting and analysing trials.
- Plant protection.
- Designing nutrient programs
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence that they have completed Year 12 or they will be required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure their level of competence meets the Year 12 level. Please visit Admissions and Selections Policy to review our full Student Selection Policy.
- Basic computer skills
- Applicants must have completed the Certificate III in Sports Turf Management.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
You will be required to provide:
- Personal protective equipment – sunscreen, hat, covered shoes, sun protection and inclement weather clothing.
- Sensible clothing.
- Pens, pencils and paper.
- Part-time on-campus where you can expect approximately four hours of class attendance, one evening per week.
- By correspondence, where you complete the course with support from our trainers and assessors.
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)