Are you currently working in a Work Health and Safety role, and would like to extend your skills and knowledge?
This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the Work Health and Safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- OHS (WHS) officer
- OHS (WHS) manager
What You'll Learn
Major areas of study include:
- Compliance with WHS laws
- Implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- Responding to incidents
- Strategies to control WHS risks utilising workplace procedures
- WHS information and data systems
- Understanding and implementing the workplace safety principles and systems to control WHS risk
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
The Gordon will utilise Gordon Online, our digital learning management system. Classes will be delivered using audio-visual delivery methods to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence that they have completed Year 12 or they will be required to undertake an independent assessment test to ensure their level of competence meets the Year 12 level.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
This course can be studied either:
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)