If you’re passionate about the safety and wellbeing of employees within the workplace, the BSB51319 – Diploma of Work Health and Safety is a nationally-recognised qualification that can equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to carry out the responsibilities of WHS related roles.
Safety is a priority in all workplaces and demand for skilled workers in WHS will only grow over time. You’ll be trained in aspects of WHS including the identification of workplace hazards, risk assessment, emergency procedures and workplace monitoring.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- WHS Manager
- WHS Advisor
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 24 months
All core units in BSB41419 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies.
Equivalent competencies are predecessors to the following units which have been mapped as equivalent:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
The participants in the BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety may be employees already working in a WHS role, or may have attained an AQF4 level qualification in Work Health & Safety or in an allied field.
This qualification is suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the Work Health and Safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Rewards Program
- Student Support Services
- Your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- Webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- Video content access via Lynda.com
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
- This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios
- You’ll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice
- This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to manage the identification, review, development, implementation and evaluation of effective participation and consultation processes as an integral part of managing work health and safety (WHS)
- This unit applies to individuals who contribute to the management of WHS hazards and risks
- This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to plan, conduct and report on investigations of work health and safety (WHS) incidents that have resulted in, or have the potential to result in, injury or damage
- This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to contribute to managing work health and safety information systems (WHSIS) to support work health and safety (WHS) management
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage the performance of staff who report to them directly
Upskilled is Australia's pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)