When you graduate with the Certificate IV in Accounting FNS40615, you will have learnt how to apply the fundamental accounting skills and manage a computerised accounting system. This qualification covers workers in roles such as: Bookkeeper, Trainee Accountant and Payroll Clerk. The Certificate IV in Accounting focuses on the knowledge and the skills required to undertake a professional accounting support job role in any industry.
Duration & study load
Duration – 12 months
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. There is no direct link between this qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements. However, where required, a unit of competency will specify relevant licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements that impact on the unit.
Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board and this qualification is currently cited as meeting the educational requirements for registration. Other conditions apply including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the Board as this is reviewed regularly.
Recognition of prior learning
You may be able to get credit for some units of this course through RPL, or Recognised Prior Learning. RPL is an approved assessment method in the Australian Vocational Education system. It is a process for acknowledging relevant skills, experience, formal or informal training you may already have, and assigning credit for them towards the qualification you are studying.
Unit of Study 1
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC302 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC402 Prepare operational budgets
Unit of Study 2
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- FNSACC406 Set up and operate a computerized accounting system
- FNSACC405 Maintain inventory records
- BSBITU402 Develop and use complex spreadsheets
Unit if Study 3
- FNSACC404 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC401 Process business tax requirements
- FNSBKG405 Establish and maintain a payroll system
- FNSBKG404 Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
About Churchill Education
By submiting an enquiry on this FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting, you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Churchill Education. Churchill Education specialises in both RPL and delivering quality training qualifications across the spectrum, from Youth Work to Accounting, and everything in between. Churchill Education operates from a landmark building in its local community of Samford, just outside Brisbane, and has a resolute commitment to its comprehensive Corporate Social Responsibility program, engaging and supporting charitable organisations and individuals in the local community, as well as those at national and international levels. Whatever qualifications you are seeking, whatever industry background, professional skills or life journey you bring with you, Churchill Education welcomes, respects and acknowledges your stories and experiences.
Churchill Education is a Registered Training Organization (RTO Code : 31430)
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Churchill Education.
Included in your Churchill Education course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!