Achieve with a Graduate Certificate in Business at UNSW Online.
Complete your studies in a fast-tracked model and gain the practical skills needed to meet demand in an accelerating business world. The online Graduate Certificate in Business is designed for early-career professionals and those with limited formal management skills that want to gain the business fundamentals to accelerate their career. You will develop the foundations in financial management, marketing and business economics while learning key principles in self-management and working with others.
With intakes every two months, study one course at a time, 100% online and accelerated. The flexible learning model has no on-campus commitments, meaning you can study anywhere at any time, and graduate with a Graduate Certificate in eight months without compromising your career.
Course availability is dependent on initial intake timing and following student participation in study periods. For more information, speak with a Student Advisor.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Finance Manager
- Business Manager
- Marketing Manager
- General Manager
- Project Manager
What You'll Learn
- UNSW’s 100% online Graduate Certificate in Business covers the foundational skills required to advance your leadership capabilities and provides opportunities to immediately apply knowledge to real-world case studies and scenarios.
- Completing these courses will provide you with a strong foundation knowledge of contemporary business practices and equip you with the fundamental management skills to influence decisions and meet demand.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 8 months
- 4 courses
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Business you must have:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline or specialisation, OR
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Relevant work experience includes clerical or administrative work in a commercial or public service organisation, supervisory or management, banking, finance or marketing experience or other business-related positions.
The AGSM advantage
- Delivered through the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) at UNSW’s Business School.
QS Global MBA Rankings, 2020
Global top 50 university
- UNSW is ranked 43rd overall in the world.
QS World University Rankings, 2022
Ranked second for Business and Management
- UNSW is ranked 2nd in Australia and within the top 40 globally for Business and Management Studies.
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021
Top three for graduate employability
- UNSW is ranked in the top three universities in Australia for graduate employability and is 27th in the world.
QS World University Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business, you may be eligible to articulate into the Master of Management.
Choose any four of the eight subjects listed below.
About University of New South Wales (Online)
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.