RMIT Online’s Graduate Certificate in Digital Marketing Leadership is designed to prepare experienced marketers to lead digital transformation in marketing, with a focus on building data, technology and capability to deliver ROI and a customer-first experience.
In this course, you will evaluate and develop customer-centric, (also known as customer-first) strategies that grow customer and business value, leveraging digital communication tools and media channels. Marketing leaders will be exposed to fundamental digital marketing tools and media channels such as search engine marketing, online public relations, online partnerships, display advertising, email marketing, and social media marketing.
The remainder and majority of the course focuses on ecosystem thinking, mapping and improving customer experiences both online and offline such as building customer journeys, programmatic targeting, multi-moment personalised targeting, personalised content development and automation.
Marketers should select the right digital as strategic resources, and know-how to measure and optimise marketing spend. The course also discusses data usage, protection policies, and other managerial issues.
What You'll Learn
- Assess an organisation’s digital maturity and identify and act on enablers for change
- Devise a strategy to address key gaps relating to data, process, technology, people and partnerships
- Drive marketing objectives through an understanding of customer data, digital traces and web analytics
- Identify customer pain points and interpret customer friction points, providing opportunities for value creation
- Create customer-centric marketing strategies across the customer journey
- Select marketing technology to optimise marketing strategies and achieve objectives, including leveraging technologies in areas such as AI, machine learning and automation
- Gain the confidence to successfully assess and create strategies to adopt and integrate marketing technologies in a way that meets organisational marketing goals
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 4 courses – 8 months intensive part-time
- Each course is seven weeks in duration and requires a minimum of 15–20 hours study per week
- A bachelors degree or equivalent, or higher-level qualification, in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution; or
- An alternate entry requirement. if you don’t have the formal bachelor or higher qualification listed above, you will be required to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) if you have the following: at least five years of full-time experience working in an analyst or management role in business information technology or information systems with a portfolio of evidence demonstrating analysis and report writing
- international or offshore students may need an IELTS score of 6.5 or above
- A flexible student experience allows you to utilise study tools anywhere, anytime
- Our cutting-edge learning environment means you don’t have to be a computer whiz to use it
- Industry-experienced academics are there to guide you every step of the way
- Online doesn’t mean you’re alone – connect with fellow students to share ideas, organise study groups and for further support
- One-on-one support and assistance from our ‘study concierge’ keeps you motivated and helps you reach your goals
- Build your professional network through the connections you make while studying
- Graduate with a globally-recognised degree without compromising your life or career trajectory
About RMIT Online
A world-class education delivered 100% online.
RMIT University is a world leader in Art and Design, Architecture and the Built Environment, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Business and Management Studies. Ranked among the top 15 universities in Australia and 16th in the world for universities less than 50 years old, RMIT is known for being industry-led and producing exceptional career outcomes.
One of Australia's original tertiary institutions, RMIT University has earned an international reputation for creating exceptional, employable and highly skilled graduates who want more out of their careers. We offer vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a broad range of disciplines, on-campus in Australia and around the world.
RMIT is now taking this excellence in work-connected learning online. Our new 100 per cent online, intensive postgraduate programs are designed for ambitious working professionals who are aiming high with their careers.
This carefully selected range of online programs brings together the academic rigour and industry connectivity of the on-campus versions and optimises them for the digital world. You’ll learn how to push the boundaries of what’s possible, create valuable connections and take your career into your own hands.
RMIT Online is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #3046).