Upskill with an online Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology at UNSW.
The program is designed for those who see the growing number of, and diversity of, employment opportunities where financial technology capabilities are required and where premium salaries are being offered. Courses are delivered 100% online in seven-week blocks, meaning you could graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology in just eight months.
The Graduate Certificate provides you with the skills employers demand, in a fast-tracked model, and gives you a pathway to study the Master of Financial Technology.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Financial Analyst
- Compliance Manager
- Data Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Blockchain Developer
- Innovation and Technology Manager
What You'll Learn
UNSW’s Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology covers the foundational skills of FinTech, providing graduates with a comprehensive understanding of technological advancement implications on the current and future states of the ﬁnancial services industry. Completing these courses will give you a strong foundation and advanced knowledge in financial technology that are in high demand.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 8 months
- 4 courses
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology you must have:
- A recognised bachelor degree (in any discipline) OR
- Five years of relevant work experience in a commercial or public service organisation related to banking, finance or technology.
Articulation pathways exist to the Graduate Diploma and Masters program if the student completes this program with a minimum WAM of 65.
Global top 50 university
- UNSW is ranked 43rd overall in the world.
QS World University Rankings, 2022
Top three for graduate employability
- UNSW is ranked in the top three universities in Australia for graduate employability and is 27th in the world.
QS World University Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020
Ranked second in Australia
- The highly awarded UNSW is ranked second in Australia for Accounting and Finance subjects.
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021
- UNSW Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International Business Accreditation and the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology with an average mark of 65% or above, you may be eligible to articulate into the Graduate Diploma in Financial Technology and/or the Master of Financial Technology.
You can choose to study any 3 core courses (from List A), plus 1 available elective course (from List B) or, any 4 courses (from List A).
About University of New South Wales (Online)
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.