- Scholarships are available for any student eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) in the 2021 intakes
Elevate your management career with an online Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Leadership designed to enhance your credentials with industry-focused, transferable skills for high-level management roles in a wide range of organisations and service industries.
Understand how the global business environment is shaped and how it influences business activity in the international arena; learn major features of the hospitality sector in the context of international markets; discover key elements of leadership and performance, including identification of the factors that influence performance at work; study strategic principles and systems theory.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- Key elements of leadership and performance; identification of the factors that influence performance at work; the nature of power in the workplace; influence and politics, and the employee attributes that drive performance
- How the global business environment is shaped, and how it influences business activity in the international arena; the corporate capabilities needed to participate in international business
- Major features of the hospitality sector in the context of international markets and operations; major factors and trends that influence hospitality managers’ decision-making
- Strategic principles and systems theory; the concept and reality of globalisation; external and internal business environments; alternative strategic concepts; network level strategy, and strategy implementation
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 months full-time
- Undergraduate degree or 3 years relevant business or hospitality experience and expertise at a management level. No ATAR score required.
- English proficiency: 6.5 Academic IELTS with no band score below 6
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
The unifying theme of the course is to identify many of the factors that influence performance at work. Performance occurs at 3 levels – individual, team and organisational. All of the topics introduced in this course are selected because they infleunce performance at one or more of these levels. And while many of the concepts we address in this course may seem obvious to you, even common sense to some, none is common practice. We therefore will explore discrepancies between what you think you know, what you do, and what actually works. Our goal is to close these gaps by identifying what to do, how to do it, and why.
- Soft versus Hard Skills, Problem Solving, and Other Keys to Your Job and Career Success
- Employee Attributes that Drive Performance
- Motivation: The Engine of Performance
- Performance Management: The Frequent Culprit of Underperformance
- Positive Organisational Behaviour: What’s Right with Employees and Organisations
- Team Dynamics, Processes, and Outcomes
- Power, Influence and Politics: Getting Things Done Through Others
- Leadership: Influence in Action
- Organisational Culture: The Fabric of Organisational Life
This course provides students with theoretical and practical knowledge of the role and impact of the global business environment on management decision making, business strategy, and business conduct in the international business context. The course examines how the global business environment is shaped, how it influences business activity in the international arena, and considers the corporate capabilities needed to participate in international business.
- Forces and Key Players in the International Business Environment
- Globalisation and the Rise of Regionalism
- International Trade Theories and Government Policies
- The Regulation of International Business Activities: The Emergence of International Institutions
- International Trading Arrangements
- Product Development and Supply Chain Management
- Developing Capabilities for Success in the Global Business Environment
- Introduction to International Hospitality Management
- Cultures and the Challenges of International Hospitality
- International Hospitality Industry
- Exploring the International Environment
- International Marketing
- International Hospitality Market Entry
- Strategic Planning and International Hospitality Enterprises
- International Human Resources Management
- Entrepreneurship, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), in the Global Market
- Managing Social Responsibility in International Hospitality
- Introduction to Strategic and Systems Theory
- Alternative Strategic Concepts
- The External Environment
- The Internal Environment
- Business and Corporate
- Level Strategy
- Network Level Strategy
- Strategy Implementation
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Special Offer: Scholarships of up to 50% are now available for any student eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) in the 2021 intakes.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.