Enhance your leadership credentials with an online Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Management designed to equip you with industry-focused, transferable skills for high-level management roles in a wide range of organisations and service industries.
Understand the strategic management of a service organisation to ensure effective quality management; create a Business Plan for a hospitality concept to understand how to design and present a case for a business investment; examine methodologies to meet guest requirements; explore features of the hospitality sector in the context of international markets & operations.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- The strategic management of a service orientated organisation to ensure effective quality management and the delivery of service excellence
- Proven methodologies to meet guest requirements and organisational objectives; the change process; instruments for measuring and adapting the effectiveness of the service process
- Major features of the hospitality sector in the context of international markets and operations; major factors and trends that influence hospitality managers’ decision-making
- Create a Business Plan for either an existing or simulated hospitality concept to develop an understanding of what is required to conceptualise, design and present a case for a business investment
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
- Undergraduate degree or 3 years relevant business or hospitality experience and expertise at a management level. No ATAR score required.
- English proficiency: 6.5 Academic IELTS with no band score below 6
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
The purpose of this unit is to enable students to understand how to strategically manage a service orientated organisation to ensure effective quality management and the delivery of service excellence. This unit examines methodologies to meet the wishes and requirements of guests whilst simultaneously meeting organisational objectives. It further examines the change process and instruments for measuring and adapting the effectiveness of the service process.
- Introduction to Service Quality Management
- Customer Behaviour, Culture and Service
- The Service Delivery Process
- Distributing Services
- Balancing Capacity and Demand
- Crafting the Environment
- Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Service Quality
- Handling Customer Complaints and Managing Service Recovery
- Managing People for Service Advantage
The aim of this unit is to provide an overview of the hospitality sector in the context of international markets and operations, and to explore some of the key factors and trends that influence hospitality managers’ decicion-making and methods.
- Introduction to International Hospitality Management
- Culture and the Challenges of International Hospitality
- The International Hospitality Industry
- Exploring the International Environment
- International Marketing
- International Hospitality Market Entry
- Strategic Planning and International Hospitality Enterprises
- International Human Resource Management
- Entrepreneurship, and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), in the Global Market
- Managing Social Responsibility in International Hospitality
The aim of this unit is to provide students with the opportunity to integrate and apply their knowledge and skills from previous Master of International Hospitality Management Le Cordon Bleu units to a simulation-based hospitality environment.
- Introduction to Business Planning and Environmental Scanning
- Marketing Planning and Capital Planning
- Operational, Forecasting, Budgeting and Finance Planning
- Initial Plan Team Workshop
- Strategic Business Planning
- Hospitality Concept Planning
- The Feasibility Study
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.