Accelerated and 100% online, the Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security engages with, and provides a pathway for, information technology professionals seeking to commence or further progress their careers in the rapidly growing field of cyber security. It is also relevant to those seeking to enter the IT profession who have no previous experience in the cyber discipline.
The Graduate Certificate consists of only three core units and can be used as a stepping stone into the Graduate Diploma which requires completion of another three units.
Additionally, both of these courses can provide a pathway into the Master of Cyber Security for those who do not meet the entry requirements of the Master program.
What You'll Learn
As a student of Cyber Security, you will develop advanced technical and hands-on skills that are immediately applicable to industry needs upon graduation.
Informed by global best practices and cutting-edge research, the course will provide you with the tools and techniques to predict, identify and mitigate cyber risk, and the knowledge and strategies to defend and respond to threats and attacks, protecting organisations, people, their data and rights.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 6 months part-time
- 3 units in total
Course admission requirements
To gain entry to the Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security, applicants must:
- Have a Bachelor degree in any discipline, or;
- Demonstrate a minimum of five years’ relevant professional experience
- All applicants must satisfy English competency standards
Cyber career ready
- Stand out as a cyber security expert, with advanced technical skills and comprehensive knowledge of best practice approaches to cyber security designed to fit current and future industry needs
- We have been the pioneers in this field of teaching, with over 15 years of experience offering cyber courses, from undergraduate to postgraduate and postdoctoral. We’re also a lead partner of the Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre (CRC), along with the WA State Government and 23 other industry, research and government partners
Centre of Excellence
- ECU has one of the best cyber security research and education teams in Australia. The ECU Master of Cyber Security is the only online Master of Cyber Security in Australia delivered by an Academic Centre of Cyber Security Excellence as recognised by the Federal Government
- Our academics have strong industry connections and regularly consult with private and public institutions including Bankwest, Commonwealth Bank, WA Police and DFAT. Two of the team are also members of Interpol’s Cyber Crime Experts Group
Accelerated & 100% Online
- Graduate sooner to take advantage of this in-demand cyber security field. Delivered 100% online, you could complete the Master of Cyber Security in as little as two years whilst continuing to work full-time, meaning you can take advantage of the growing employment opportunities sooner
About Edith Cowan University Online
At ECU we are guided by our values of integrity, respect, rational inquiry and personal excellence. Our focus on teaching and research is inspired by engagement and partnerships with those in the many communities we were established to serve.
Fit postgraduate study around your life and graduate sooner with our flexible and accessible accelerated and online courses from ECU Online.
Find the right postgraduate course for your career development. We offer qualifications in Education, Counselling, Cyber Security and Human Resource Management, which will equip you with the skills, knowledge and credentials to advance in your career.