The Graduate Certificate of Data Science gives you immediately applicable data science skills and is a great foundation for moving into a data science career, and as a stepping stone towards higher qualifications.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Data Scientist
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
What You'll Learn
- You will study four subjects while you complete your Graduate Certificate of Data Science. An interdisciplinary approach means you’ll acquire relevant knowledge from across the mathematics, information technology and business domains, delivered by academics with deep experience in research and business
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 8 months part-time
- 4 subjects (One subject per each 7-week study period)
- A Bachelor degree, plus high school intermediate level mathematics (basic algebra and differential calculus)*; or at least five years of relevant work experience (high numeracy skills)
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy
- Develop fundamental skills in data science
- Open up your career opportunities
- Gain skills in SAS, Python, R Studio and more
- Begin the pathway towards a master degree
- Fast-track your career with 100% online study
- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Advisor
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- JCU recognises the value of past study and real world experience. Exemptions or credits for subjects will be considered on a case-by-case basis, upon submission of verifiable supporting documentation
After completing the Graduate Certificate of Data Science, you will gain:
- Foundational knowledge of the discipline of data science
- An understanding of database systems, data visualisation and statistical methods for data science
- Skills in programs including SAS, Python, RStudio and Tableau
About James Cook University
Study when it suits you, receive personal academic support and make your CV shine with a qualification from an internationally recognised university.
With a reputation for excellence in teaching and research, we know the value of a world-class education: our students graduate to become leaders in their fields and their communities. What’s more, JCU has been awarded five stars for graduate job success for six years running by The Good Universities Guide.
Through our postgraduate courses, we aim to empower professionals to have a positive impact and make their lives matter. Enrol and gain the skills to build your brighter future, today.