Get to your goals sooner with a Graduate Diploma in Data Science.
The Graduate Diploma will give you the foundational data science skills that the industry demands, plus crucial decision-making techniques and the essentials of good data storytelling.
You’ll learn these core skills in online courses such as Strategic Decision Making, Statistical Inference, Data Visualisation and Communication, Multivariate Analysis and Big Data Management.
The fast-tracked model means you can graduate with a diploma in just over a year, plus it gives you a pathway to study the Master of Data Science.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Database Administrator
- Market Researcher
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Big Data Visualiser
- Data Engineer
- Market Research Analyst
- Investigations and Data Journalist (Analyst)
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 16 months to complete
- 8 courses
To be eligible for the Graduate Diploma in Data Science you must have:
- Completed the Graduate Certificate in Data Science with a WAM of 65 or higher OR
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Data Science or a cognate discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by an average of 65 or above across three Level III courses in Mathematics and/or Statistics and/or Computer Science and/or Econometrics OR
- Completed a degree in a non-cognate discipline AND have sufficient Data Science background as indicated by at least five years of experience in a data science or data analytics role.
Advanced standing or exemption can be granted in the program for cases where core courses were completed in a prior program.
Offering some of Australia’s top five subjects
- UNSW is ranked in the top five universities in Australia for Engineering and Technology, Mathematics, Economics and Econometrics, and Computer Science and Information Systems.
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2021
- UNSW full-time postgraduates are in the top 5% for starting salaries and earn the highest median salary in Australia three years after graduation.
Graduate Outcomes Survey, 2019
Global top 50 university
- UNSW is ranked 43rd overall in the world.
QS World University Rankings, 2022
Top 3 for graduate employability
- UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability and is 27th in the world.
QS World University Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma in Data Science with an average mark of 65% or above, you may be eligible to articulate into the Master of Data Science.
About University of New South Wales (Online)
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.