in partnership with
The Graduate Diploma in Energy Studies includes units in the technical areas of energy supply and energy demand as well as the non-technical areas of economics and policy. Graduates will acquire skills to enhance their work in areas such as energy policy, energy economics, energy management and efficiency, sustainable energy systems design and planning, the environmental impact of energy systems and their use. The course includes a short research project in renewable energy research.
Graduates may find increased employment opportunities in:
- Energy consulting companies
- Government agencies
- Energy management companies
- Renewable energy companies.
What you'll learn
Graduates of a Graduate Diploma will have:
- skills to design and carry out a techno-economic analysis of energy systems, undertake energy audits and report on energy consumption and carbon emissions, critique and improve energy policy, and conduct research into innovative energy solutions.
- cognitive skills to review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge and identify and provide solutions to problems
- cognitive skills to think critically and to generate and evaluate complex ideas
- specialised technical and creative skills in a field of skilled and/or professional practice
- communication skills to demonstrate an understanding of theoretical concepts
- communication skills to transfer complex knowledge and ideas to a variety of audiences
The course is designed in a way that the postgraduate students, irrespective of their previous degrees in science or engineering, can learn aspects of management, sustainability, economics, policy and climate science in relation to energy project development.
Applicants must have a recognised Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent training in a related area.
Some units have a prerequisite of upper high school Physics or first year university introductory physics. Therefore, students without that background may need to do the prerequisite unit SCI16 Introduction to Physics in addition to the eight units in this degree.
International applicants must have an IELTS score of 6.
For more information about this course or to enrol please complete the enquiry form.
About Open Universities Australia
By submiting an enquiry on this Graduate Diploma in Energy Studies, you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Open Universities Australia. For over twenty years Open Universities Australia has opened the doors for students undertaking online higher education or professional development. We are proud and committed to helping students succeed on their study journeys. OUA recognises students’ need for flexible learning schedules that fit into their lives, and our goal is to provide an education that fits your lifestyle.
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Open Universities Australia.
Included in your Open Universities Australia course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!