Honours done your way. Uncover a new way of thinking fourth-year psychology with our 100% online program at the University of Adelaide.
With our honours-equivalent online program, you will gain access to a world-class education, having access to the same resources as our on-campus honours programs. Complete your studies while working full-time, and graduate in 16 months.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Mental Health Services
- Social Work
- Psychology Researcher
What You'll Learn
- Learn basic assessment strategies for situations appropriate to psychological practice
- Synthesise and communicate findings related to an expansive individual research question that is relevant to the discipline of psychology
- Gain ethically appropriate and competent interpersonal and intercultural communication and interview skills to utilise in situations appropriate to psychological practice and research
- Design and justify a research agenda on a topic relevant to the discipline of psychology
- Gain knowledge of psychometric theory and principles of the construction, cultural considerations, implementation and interpretation of some standardised psychological test instruments
- Explain how basic psychological intervention strategies can be applied across a range of contexts
- Learn how to develop and execute an effective data analysis plan that is transparent, reproducible, and based on ethical best practice
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 1.3 years, part-time
Eligibility requirements for our Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) are as follows:
You have completed a bachelor’s degree with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5. This includes an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) three-year sequence in psychology:
A minimum grade average of 65% in Level 2 and Level 3 psychology courses taken as part of that degree.
You have completed an APAC-accredited Graduate Diploma of Psychology with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.
Note: You are also required to meet the University’s minimum English Language Requirements.
- A world-class curriculum that will make your career in psychology a reality
- Honours-equivalent online program. Have access to the same world-class education and resources as on-campus honours programs
- 1:1 tutoring services with complimentary career development to help develop your soft skills for further postgraduate studies and beyond
- Start at an intake time that suits you. With six intakes a year, you decide when to start
- The support you need to succeed. We have expert, knowledgeable and world-class educators that work with you to help you achieve your best results
- Set yourself up for success. Our team of Student Success Advisors are on hand to provide you with what you need when you need it
- Have 24/7 access to your program. Complete your research online from anywhere in the world
The Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced) assessments use real-world or simulated-real-world experiences.
In your final research project assessment, you will be able to bring together and showcase the skills you have developed throughout the program.
About The University of Adelaide
The University of Adelaide’s cutting-edge innovation takes place amid a rich history of excellence spanning more than 140 years. Our bright young minds learn alongside internationally recognised leaders in their fields. We achieve global research impact alongside outstanding graduate career outcomes.
We are consistently ranked in the top 1% worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, being a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities.