Have you ever wondered how the brain processes sensory information such as the environment we live in? Been curious about behaviour and perception? Or considered why everyone is different?
Completion of our 100% online program will provide you with the perfect foundation to start a career in human resources, mental health services, family and social services, relationship counselling, youth work, justice and corrective services as well as engaging in further study to become a psychologist.
Please note: Accreditation for this program is being sought from the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council. Subject to full accreditation, this diploma is the first step to becoming a professional psychologist.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Human resource manager
- Evaluation and applied research
- Mental health services worker
- Youth worker
What You'll Learn
- Synthesise and critique psychological theory, constructs and contemporary knowledge
- Apply psychological concepts to complex personal, social and societal issues
- Formulate research questions and design psychological research studies
- Apply qualitative, quantitative and mixed methodology techniques to analyse psychological data
- Produce reports and other materials in formats suitable for a variety of audiences and purposes
- Reflect critically on the ethical issues, legislative requirements and evidence-based approaches underpinning psychological research and select areas of professional practice
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 1.7 years (part-time)
To be eligible for the Graduate Diploma in Psychology, you will need an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Flexible learning – On your terms. At the University of Adelaide, we recognise your individuality. That’s why our 100% online programs give you the freedom to enhance your knowledge around your unique set of existing commitments. Irrespective of your lifestyle and challenges, you have the ability to start learning when you’re ready—while you’re at home, in the office or on the move
- Support – You’re not alone. Whether you’re a self-sufficient learner or someone who needs a regular helping hand, you will have access to our expert advisors. Our advisors have a wealth of knowledge and expertise that will complement your learning style and support requirements. They are available via phone and email for information on your program as well as additional learning support such as academic resources, career development, counselling and disability support, as required
- Careers and employment – You can benefit from the distinct career advantage that comes from studying with one of Australia’s elite Group of Eight universities. Everything we do is centred on our goal to enable you to become a recognised, educated leader of tomorrow
- Focussed study – Our programs are designed with the same rigour and course content as an on-campus equivalent, but are delivered one subject at a time over a six-week teaching period. This study mode is deliberately designed to keep you focused and achieving regular goals
Who's it for?
This program is a great building block in the science and application of contemporary psychology. This qualification is suitable for individuals who want to develop knowledge and skills to develop their chosen career or who are preparing for further advanced studies to become a psychologist in the near future. This program is complementary to a range of established careers in a variety of other industries; these include human resources, teaching, counselling, marketing and managerial roles.
The program is also appropriate for people who are preparing for further advanced studies to become a Psychologist.
About The University of Adelaide
Consistently ranked in the top 1% worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The University of Adelaide is a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities.
At Adelaide, cutting-edge innovation takes place amidst a rich history of excellence spanning more than 140 years. Bright young minds learn alongside internationally recognised leaders in their fields. Global research impact is achieved hand-in-hand with outstanding graduate career outcomes.