in partnership with
The Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism course is designed to equip students with the ability to respond critically to major security, policing and defence issues both locally and internationally. Students will gain knowledge and understanding in contemporary policing, intelligence, counter terrorism, cyber security and security studies.
Graduates can find employment in:
- State and federal police services
- Defence forces
- Intelligence agencies
- Border protection
- Public sector agencies involved in the national security field.
- Insurance and banking
- Private security industry
- Cyber security sector
What you'll learn
By the end of this program it is anticipated you should be able to:
- identify contemporary and emerging security challenges to the professional practice of Policing, Intelligence, cyber security and Counter-Terrorism
- apply critical thinking skills in conceptualising risk and threat assessment
- explore a range of research principles and methodologies that are utilised to underpin independent research, with focused application through specialisation on a particular element of Policing, Intelligence, cyber security and Counter Terrorism studies
- analyse a significant and contemporary body of literature related to key concepts that underpin the broader field of security studies, aligned with greater focus through specialisation
- identify key theoretical and thematic concepts which are relevant to field of specialisation
- communicate acquired knowledge and skills effectively to a range of audiences, including but not limited to, industry professionals, graduates and non-specialists with subject matter interests
- present informed, considered and logical judgements supporting and contradicting the arguments of others, in a professional manner, and within a relevant contextual framework applicable to graduate employment opportunities
- critically evaluate academic scholarship and literature pertinent to professional practice parallel to the production of documentation relevant to graduate employment opportunities in a variety of related fields
Applicants must hold one of the following:
Australian level 7 bachelor qualification or recognised equivalent in relevant field: Natural and Physical Sciences (FOE code 01), Information Technology (FOE code 02), Health (FOE code 06), Banking, Finance and Related Fields (FOE code 0811), Society and Culture (FOE code 09), Communication and Media Studies (FOE code 1007), 0801 Accounting, 080101 Accounting, 0803 Business and Management, 080301 Business Management, 080303 Human Resource Management, 080307 Organisation Management, 080309 Industrial Relations, 080311 International Business, 080313 Pubic and Health Care Administration; AND Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band.
Australian level 7 bachelor’s qualification or recognised equivalent AND Work experience at an appropriate level of seniority and of at least 3 years’ duration (full-time equivalent) in a field deemed by PICT to relate to security; AND Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band.
Australian level 7 bachelor’s qualification or recognised equivalent AND Diploma or recognized equivalent in a field deemed by PICT to relate to security studies; AND Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band.
Australian Graduate Certificate or recognized equivalent in a cognate discipline; AND Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band.
For more information about this course or to enrol please complete the enquiry form.
About Open Universities Australia
By submiting an enquiry on this Graduate Diploma of Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism, you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Open Universities Australia. For over twenty years Open Universities Australia has opened the doors for students undertaking online higher education or professional development. We are proud and committed to helping students succeed on their study journeys. OUA recognises students’ need for flexible learning schedules that fit into their lives, and our goal is to provide an education that fits your lifestyle.
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Open Universities Australia.
Included in your Open Universities Australia course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!