We’re living in a time where the lives of children and adolescents are more complicated than ever. The demand for professionals in mental health has never been greater.
You can drive positive impact with VU Online’s Master of Child and Adolescent Mental Health — the only university qualification for child and adolescent mental health in Australia.
Gain work-based knowledge and skills to engage successfully with a range of children, adolescents, families, carers and clinicians across educational, therapeutic, community and clinical settings — including for diverse and vulnerable populations.
By exploring advanced care strategies, relevant treatment techniques, therapies and interventions, you’ll be able to create better mental health outcomes for children and adolescents.
You will also undertake research to contribute to our growing understanding of child and adolescent mental health, gaining valuable evidence-based skills and being empowered to drive inter-agency collaboration, as well as schools-based and family-focused interventions.
What You'll Learn
With VU Online’s Master of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, you can enhance your skills and transform mental health services. You’ll gain in-demand, specialised skills in evidence-based assessment and intervention approaches in child and adolescent mental health. You can apply your skills in a range of educational, therapeutic, community and clinical settings.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 2 years, part-time
- 2 units (7 weeks each)
- This degree is offered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
- Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time in six study periods per year. This offers you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees and the opportunity to immerse yourself in your study.
- At VU Online, we take a personalised 1:1 approach to online learning, which makes learning with us highly interactive and supported.
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelor in a cognate discipline such as Health Science, Social Work, Psychology, Medicine, Counselling, Youth Work or Education OR;
- A Victoria University Graduate Certificate in Mental Health OR;
- A Victoria University Graduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
Award-winning study model
Our postgraduate online Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’, recognises the complexity of students’ lives while giving a consistent, manageable and connected online learning experience.
Support 7 days and in the evenings
Get the support you need, when you need it. Our support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed.
Progress towards credentialing with the ACMHN
This degree meets the education requirements for the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN) Credential, the only nationally consistent standard for recognition of specialist mental health nurses.
Why Study With VU Online
Ranked among the world’s top two per cent of universities, VU Online is respected by employers and professionals alike.
We offer degrees that empower you to progress over time, putting your dream qualification in reach – regardless of educational background.
Known for industry-focused courses as well as high-calibre facilitators and academics, VU Online combines a track record in tertiary education that puts students first with a deep understanding of contemporary online learning.
Study with VU Online and you’ll be part of a vibrant, virtual community of like-minded peers, actively supported to achieve your professional goals.
About Victoria University Online
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, we make it easy to fit study around existing commitments including work, family and children. Our programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2020 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Our postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
Our online learning platform is a virtual one-stop shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings