Accelerated and 100% online, the Master of Education (Early Childhood Education) is for existing teachers, educators, directors and team leaders who wish to lead the way, from pedagogy and practice to policy and leadership, in early childhood education and create positive outcomes for children, families and communities.
This course will foster your motivation for excellence in early childhood education by challenging you to re-conceptualise and deepen your knowledge of effective pedagogy and practice in a range of early childhood educational settings. It will also provide you with the opportunity to reflect critically on the latest research, policy, theories and practice and how they influence your practice as an early childhood education leader from both pedagogical and sociological perspectives.
Upon graduation, you will be seen as an expert in early childhood education and will be ready to lead with confidence in various early childhood educational settings.
What You'll Learn
Through this advanced coursework, you will deepen your understanding of contemporary issues in pedagogy, practice, policy, curriculum, assessment strategies and leadership in early childhood education. You will also critically reflect on your practice, with a particular focus on leading change in pedagogy and practice to advocate for children and their learning and establish positive outcomes for families and communities.
- Research and practice: Understand, critique and apply the latest research and strategies in early childhood education to improve your practice and ensure better outcomes for children
- Leadership: Be an advocate for early childhood education through effective leadership. Apply strategies across pedagogical practices and programs to instigate change for the benefit of children, students and the community
- Global perspective: Develop a global perspective of early childhood education and its impact on curriculum, education systems, community and leadership across Australia and in local contexts
- Language and literacy: Explore evidence-based research on teaching and learning language and literacy in contemporary early childhood contexts
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 16 months to complete part-time
- 8 units in total
Course admission requirements
- To gain entry into the Master of Education (Early Childhood Education), you will have a Bachelor of Education or a Bachelor level degree in any other field plus a Graduate Diploma of Education or Master of Teaching. You will also be required to meet English Language Requirements (Band 4)
- Special entry may be considered for students with a Bachelor level degree in another area or a three-year trained teacher, both supported by extensive professional experience
Accelerated and 100% Online
- Delivered 100% online and with six study periods a year, you could complete the Master of Education in as little as 16 months while continuing to work full-time
- Designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, you’ll experience the same quality of education and learning outcomes, as well as the connection with your fellow students and academics, that you would if studying on-campus
- You will also receive dedicated one-on-one support from a Student Success Advisor who can assist with all non-academic questions and motivate you to reach your study goals
Grow Your Network
- ECU has a large professional teacher and education network, putting you in good company to connect, collaborate and network with experienced and passionate peers globally
Quality Learning Experience
- Your learning experience will be of the highest quality, as you’ll learn from experienced, passionate academics who are experts in their field. From our beginnings in 1902 as Claremont Teachers College, we have been at the forefront of teacher education for over 100 years
About Edith Cowan University Online
At ECU we are guided by our values of integrity, respect, rational inquiry and personal excellence. Our focus on teaching and research is inspired by engagement and partnerships with those in the many communities we were established to serve.
Fit postgraduate study around your life and graduate sooner with our flexible and accessible accelerated and online courses from ECU Online.
Find the right postgraduate course for your career development. We offer qualifications in Education, Counselling, Cyber Security and Human Resource Management, which will equip you with the skills, knowledge and credentials to advance in your career.