The 100% online Master of Education Leadership is designed for professionals who want to build unique skills and develop the leadership toolkit to navigate the contemporary educational landscape. Within this specialisation, you will establish your holistic influence on school success by developing advanced leadership and managerial skills to recognise, challenge, problem-solve and effectively implement strategy to positively shape educational environments where all staff and students feel empowered to grow.
Who's It For?
Looking to further your impact in education? If you want to develop advanced educational leadership skills to empower your school community, support student outcomes and encourage development in your fellow colleagues that result in school improvement, then this specialisation is for you.
The Master of Education is designed for professionals who want to progress their education career and revitalise their teaching practices to improve student experience and cultivate learning environments where staff and students feel empowered to grow. Receive recognition for your ongoing professional development and upon graduation, you will be able to effectively respond to existing and emerging challenges in education and be prepared to advance into leadership roles to make an impact.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant Principal
- Curriculum Coordinator or Specialist
- Curriculum Coordinator or Specialist (STEM)
- Deputy Principal
- Early Childhood Director
- Executive Teacher (STEM)
- Education Assessment Specialist
- Executive Principal
- Executive Teacher
- Head of Department or Faculty
- Head of Department or Faculty (STEM)
- School Leader
- School Policy Adviser or Developer
- Student Wellbeing Manager
- Year Adviser
What You'll Learn
The Master of Education (Leadership) will enhance your credibility as an educator and give you the confidence, skills and professional toolkit to stay at the forefront of contemporary education, immediately adding value to your career and educational landscape. Select units such as Education Leadership and Change, Leading Learning, Teaching and Curriculum, Leading and Developing Educators, and Educational Management and Administration to explore, analyse and respond to educational changes in an authentic context. Inform and construct personal leadership and professional frameworks that drive positive change in both learning and management environments.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 8 units
- Will take around 16 months to complete
To be eligible for the Master of Education, the Master of Education (Leadership) or the Master of Education (STEM), applicants must have:
- Current registration as a teacher at proficient level or higher with an Australian regulatory authority/registration authority (e.g., TQI, NESA). OR;
- A three-year undergraduate degree in Education or relevant field as approved by the University of Canberra, and at least three years’ FTE professional experience in education. OR;
- Graduate and/or postgraduate education qualifications as approved by the University of Canberra
- Designed by a global leader in STEM education
- People-first leadership focus
- 100% online, accelerated and supported
- Tailored to support students professional goals
- Build upon your experience and develop your professional authority in modern education
- Gain a toolkit to respond to contemporary challenges in education
- Aligned with ACARA demands
- Add instant value to your career through authentic practice assessments
- Experience dedicated support at every stage
- Start anytime – intakes are open every 2 months
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Masters students may receive a maximum of 4 units of RPL (12 Credit Points), which will be assessed based on their previous post-graduate studies (at a matching AQF and CPL level) and on advice from the Program Director.
Students are assessed through authentic assessments. This means that the work they produce for assessments is career-relevant and can be applied to their current position.
- Internet connection
- Desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile or any combination
About University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a hub of learning, practical courses and innovative research. It is a place where ideas are born, creativity is explored and opportunity is created.
UC is a university for the professions, dedicated to providing immersive student experiences focused on employability outcomes.
We have been recognised as the fastest rising university in Australia (QS, 2022) and have been ranked number one in Canberra for full-time employment for four years in a row (Good Universities Guide 2022).
This success is in part due to our two-pronged focus, encompassing progressive, expert teaching alongside strong ties to industry. This means that students enjoy real-world work experience and get a taste of their future careers, even before graduation.