The 100% online Master of Education is designed for professionals who want to progress their education career and revitalise their teaching practices to improve student experience and cultivate learning environments where staff and students feel empowered to grow.
Through research-informed practice and authentic learning, the Master of Education will enhance your credibility as an educator and give you the confidence, skills and professional toolkit to stay at the forefront of contemporary education, immediately adding value to your career and educational landscape.
You will also benefit from flexibility to tailor your studies to your goals and interests. With half of the course’s structure comprising of electives, you can choose to specialise in Educational Leadership or pursue a generalist degree by selecting electives across the two specialisations.
Who's It For?
The Master of Education is designed for professionals who want to progress their education career and revitalise their teaching practices to improve student experience and cultivate learning environments where staff and students feel empowered to grow.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant Principal
- Curriculum Coordinator or Specialist
- Curriculum Coordinator or Specialist (STEM)
- Deputy Principal
- Early Childhood Director
- Executive Teacher (STEM)
- Education Assessment Specialist
- Executive Principal
- Executive Teacher
- Head of Department or Faculty
- Head of Department or Faculty (STEM)
- School Leader
- School Policy Adviser or Developer
- Student Wellbeing Manager
- Year Adviser
What You'll Learn
The Master of Education will enhance your credibility as an educator and give you the confidence, skills and professional toolkit to stay at the forefront of contemporary education, immediately adding value to your career and educational landscape.
The course has 4 core units and 4 elective units, of which students have the opportunity to align their studies to their career goals by selecting elective units in Educational Leadership or STEM Education to graduate with a specialised degree.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 8 units
- Will take around 16 months to complete
To be eligible for the Master of Education, the Master of Education (Leadership) or the Master of Education (STEM), applicants must have:
- Current registration as a teacher at proficient level or higher with an Australian regulatory authority/registration authority (e.g., TQI, NESA). OR;
- A three-year undergraduate degree in Education or relevant field as approved by the University of Canberra, and at least three years’ FTE professional experience in education. OR;
- Graduate and/or postgraduate education qualifications as approved by the University of Canberra
- Option to specialise in Leadership or STEM or pursue a generalist degree by selecting electives across the two specialisations
- 100% online and accelerated to fit around your life and work
- Build upon your experience and develop your professional authority in modern education
- Gain a toolkit to respond to contemporary challenges in education
- Aligned with ACARA demands
- Add instant value to your career through authentic practice assessments
- Experience dedicated support at every stage
- Start anytime – intakes are open every 2 months
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Masters students may receive a maximum of 4 units of RPL (12 Credit Points), which will be assessed based on their previous post-graduate studies (at a matching AQF and CPL level) and on advice from the Program Director.
Students are assessed through authentic assessments. This means that the work they produce for assessments is career-relevant and can be applied to their current position.
- Internet connection
- Desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile or any combination
Benefit from flexibility to tailor your studies to your goals and interests. Choose to specialise or select electives from either specialisation to build a generalist degree. The Master of Education has 4 core units and 4 elective units which can make up a specialisation. The Graduate Certificate in Education, Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership and Graduate Certificate in STEM Education are both entry and exit points for this course.
About University of Canberra
The University of Canberra (UC) is a hub of learning, practical courses and innovative research. It is a place where ideas are born, creativity is explored and opportunity is created.
UC is a university for the professions, dedicated to providing immersive student experiences focused on employability outcomes.
We have been recognised as the fastest rising university in Australia (QS, 2022) and have been ranked number one in Canberra for full-time employment for four years in a row (Good Universities Guide 2022).
This success is in part due to our two-pronged focus, encompassing progressive, expert teaching alongside strong ties to industry. This means that students enjoy real-world work experience and get a taste of their future careers, even before graduation.