Perform rejuvenating facial treatments like a professional! Get hands-on skincare practice from Australia’s leading skin specialists and dermatologists. With a dedicated mentor by your side, you’ll learn the facial skills to start your own business or side-hustle.
This course offers numerous advantages, including:
- Flexible learning: Take charge of your learning journey, set the pace, and learn your own way
- Industry-endorsed: Learn up-to-date skills from Australia’s leading skin specialists and open the door to amazing career opportunities
- Industry mentors: Receive dedicated support from industry mentors, who are practising beauty professionals
- Live workshops: Access fresh content through live events and connect with your mentor, peers and industry guests in real time
Who's It For?
- You want to gain a comprehensive understanding of skin science and health
- You want to learn how to perform a range of safe, hygienic, and effective facial treatments, including cleansing, steaming, exfoliating, enzyme peels, masks, Gua Sha, and facial massages
- You want to learn how to consult with clients and design facials and treatments based on their unique skin type, goals, and concerns
- You want self-paced online learning that includes engaging videos, podcasts, activities, case studies, resources, community discussions and live events and workshops
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Skincare consultant
- Business owner
- Beauty advisor
- Beauty therapist
- Skin therapist
- Spa therapist
- Relaxation facial therapist
- Retail worker
- Makeup artist with skincare focus
- Beauty blogger
What You'll Learn
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Safely perform a range of facials and skincare treatments and maintain hygienic procedures like a professional
- Develop an in-depth understanding of skin anatomy and concerns
- Consult with clients, manage expectations, and tailor treatments for different skin types
- Create the ideal environments for relaxing treatments
- Identify which skincare and aftercare products to use
- Incorporate sustainable and environmentally friendly practices
- Know your legal and ethical requirements as a beauty industry professional
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- Roughly 60-80 hours of learning
- Delivered fully online at your own pace
- 10 extensive lessons featuring videos and tutorials delivered by industry experts, including 3 hands-on activities and assignments
This course is a great way to upskill or unlock a new career path without the time and cost commitments of a full-time degree.
Learning directly from a number of high-profile beauty therapists, this course will equip you with in-demand, up-to-date knowledge and skills. Once completed, you might move directly into the industry or pursue further study.
Digital Badge & Certificate of Completion
At the end of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Digital Badge (issued by Credly). This is a fantastic way to verify your knowledge and skills and stand out from the crowd to potential employers – simply add them to your LinkedIn profile, personal website or resume!
Why choose Ulleo?
- Learn directly from leading beauty therapists through engaging video tutorials, podcasts, and live-streamed beauty treatment demos
- Receive dedicated support from your industry mentor, beauty therapist and salon manager, Clare Haeusler, including a dedicated 1:1 session to plan your future in the industry
- Connect with beauty industry professionals and your industry mentor and peers through regular live events and workshops
- Learn fully online at your own pace and receive dedicated learning support from our friendly Community Support team
- Share your achievement with your network and future employers with a verified Digital Badge and Certificate of Completion
- Get the most out of your learning experience with exclusive course benefits, including access to wholesale beauty products, tools, and services
During your studies, you’ll have access to regular live events, workshops, Q&As, and beauty treatment demos featuring your industry mentor, peers and a variety of guest speakers. These sessions are the perfect opportunity to ask questions in real time.
- Examples of topics include:
- Creating a well-rounded healthy skincare journey
- Growing your sales with retailing strategies
- Finding the right product supplier for your business
- Keeping track of your bookings: salon software tutorial
Each session is recorded and uploaded to the learning platform for later viewing. Enjoy over 95 hours of content during your course!
During your studies, you’ll receive dedicated support from your industry mentor, beauty therapist and salon manager Clare Haeusler.
- Detailed industry-standard feedback on your work
- Real-time discussions in live workshops and Q&As
- A dedicated 1:1 session to plan your future (at the end of your course)
Clare Haeusler, Director at Chantilly Skin & Brow – Clare has over 10 years of extensive experience in the beauty industry, as a beauty therapist and salon manager. As the Director of Chantilly Skin & Brow in NSW, Clare manages multiple salons, educates staff, and designs and performs a range of beauty treatments. She has a passion for educating and motivating new beauty professionals to reach their potential.
With industry leaders at the helm, Ulleo’s short courses are built with collaboration, community, and creativity in mind.
Whether you are seeking your next career move or a passion project, our unique learning experience will provide knowledge and skills for now and into the future.
As a learner of Ulleo, you will access tailored support from industry mentors, along with a community of other learners to connect with. Delivered online, our courses empower learners with industry-led insights, interactive methods of learning, and tangible pathways to accredited study.
As a profit with purpose enterprise, sustainability is at the heart of what we do. Our partnership with Carbon Neutral and tree-planting initiative allows us to become part of the solution for the planet and future generations.
Love what you learn with Ulleo.