VCAL Senior (Year 12) gives you the opportunity to continue your senior secondary school studies at Year 12 level. This program is ideal if you are clearly set on undertaking trade or other vocational studies, as an additional course in conjunction with your VCAL.
The program is delivered by the Geelong Technical Education Centre (GTEC) based at our East Geelong Campus.
You will learn literacy and numeracy skills, Work-Related Skills (WRS), Personal Development Skills (PDS), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) work placements, and other vocational ‘taster’ experiences.
Satisfactory completion of these units contributes to an accredited VCAL certificate that is equivalent to Year 12.
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- East Geelong
Duration Study Load
- Full time: 12 months
- 5 days per week
- Applicants must be aged 16 or over at the time of course commencement
- Any student under the age of 17 must provide a Transition from School form prior to undertaking the course
- Applicants are expected to have an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills, which will be evaluated prior to course intake
- Basic computer skills
- Applicants must have completed the Foundation or Intermediate VCAL, Year 11 VCE, or Certificate I or II in General Education for Adults
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Industry placement
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)