Do you need a compelling reason to study in Canberra? We’ll give you one.
Its level of tertiary education is extremely high. Part of this is due to the fact that Canberra is Australia’s capital city and capital cities have to concentrate on things like education. And, a large part of it is because it’s home to the Australian National University, which regularly ranks among the top universities in the world.
If you need another reason to study in Canberra, consider the wide variety of courses available, from online TAFE courses to campus-based university degrees.
There are three major tertiary education providers in Canberra:
- Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT), which has over 400 courses that include TAFE certificates and diplomas, traineeships, and degrees.
- University of Canberra, which offers undergraduate and double degree courses, as well as a range of postgraduate degrees.
- Australian National University (ANU), which is in the centre of Canberra, and which offers a variety of study opportunities, including short courses, double degrees, honours degrees and graduate degrees.
There are a staggering number of courses available. There are courses that you can take purely out of interest, courses to upgrade your skills, courses to improve your qualifications, and courses to take your education to untold heights. The courses you choose depend on your goals; but, whatever your goals, Canberra’s schools will help you reach them.
Courses by education provider
Obviously, there are too many courses to list them all – especially when you consider that CIT alone has over 400. So, we’ll just have a look at a few options available; to give you an idea of the diversity.
- Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) offers certificate courses in automotive vehicle servicing, diploma courses in beauty therapy and remedial massage, advanced diplomas in spatial information, and bachelor degrees in forensic science, as well as short courses in arts, business, photography, and languages.
- Australian National University offers bachelor degrees in finance and genetics, graduate certificates in anthropology and forestry, master degrees in management and chemistry, and PhDs in economics, as well as short courses in international relations, climate law, public health, languages, and biology.
Do you need more reasons to study in Canberra?
How about the fact that Canberra’s TAFE courses are nationally accredited, so your computer training course carries weight no matter where you go in Australia.
Canberra Uni’s courses are also internationally recognised, as are courses from Australian National University.
Canberra itself is a wonderful city, full of interesting things to see and do.
TafeCourses.com.au promotes a range of courses in Canberra, including TAFE project management courses, RSA and first aid short courses, and university degrees in counselling. Browse our site and you’ll find a course that’s right for you.