There are those who are destined to walk this world in a fog of ignorant bliss as far as computer programming goes. And then there are those who are never happier than when they’re elbow deep in programming language, like SAP ABAP.
ABAP stands for Advances Business Application Programming and it is designed specifically to work on SAP Application Servers. It works particularly well on NetWeaver Application Servers. It also serves as an alternative to JAVA-based solutions that are used on SAP NetWeaver applications (erptips.com).
According to SAP Community Network, ABAP has been used since the 1970s, with constant development and refinement along the way. When SAP released its R/3 system, ABAP became the foundation of the entire language programming system. It is now a “fully features object-oriented language” and is available in an extension called ABAP Objects.
Table of Contents
SAP ABAP Courses in Australia
By now you might have realised that ABAP is a tad complicated. So you might understand the need to complete a variety of IT courses than have a strong ABAP component. Fortunately, a lot of universities and TAFE institutes in Australia offer SAP ABAP training, tutorials and courses.
- Victoria University in Melbourne has a Master of Business degree that includes electives on ABAP and advanced ABAP programming (and other SAP applications). It also offers a graduate diploma in ERP systems with electives in ABAP programming.
- Sydney Institute of ERP has short courses in SAP Application Development with focus on ABAP. It includes SAP ABAP Workbench fundamentals and concepts.
- SAP Education Australia and New Zealand offers a selection of courses, including Workload Analysis AS ABAP, Software Logistics AS ABAP, Accelerated Administration AS ABAP I and II, ABAP Objects, and ABAP Debugger.
- SAP offers ABAP certification courses, such as SAP Certified Development Professional – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0, and SAP Certified Development Associate – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0.
SAP ABAP Jobs in Australia
If you’re an SAP ABAP specialist you’re virtually guaranteed a comfortable salary. According to PayScale.com, ABAP developers earn in the region of AU$57 500 while SAP ABAP programmers earn about AU$91 000 – the highest salary for SAP professionals in Australia and one the best paid jobs in IT.
Examples of the jobs available:
- Senior SAP ABAP developers in Melbourne.
- SAP HCM & Webdynpro ABAP consultants in Sydney.
- SAP ABAP and CRM developers in Brisbane.
- SAP OO ABAP developers in Perth.
- SAP ABAP Analyst Programmer in Adelaide.
- SAP ABAP development team leader in Canberra.
If programming is your first language, consult our list of SAP ABAP courses and open up a world of professional happiness. Find courses related to SAP Training in Perth.