Financial management is one of the most important aspects of running a successful business. Without financial management businesses don’t know whether they’re running at a profit or loss, how to reduce their expenses, how to make the most of their income or even how much they’re paying in salaries. Financial management software helps businesses monitor and track finances and, very importantly, ensures that businesses operate within national policies and regulations and keep up to date with their taxes.
SAP AG provides some of the best financial software packages in the world, which are perfect to manage all budgeting, accounting and payroll needs, and provide risk management, performance management, reporting and analytics.
SAP Financial Software
SAP software solutions for finance include:
- Comprehensive financial reports that adhere to the highest accounting standards.
- Risk management strategies that also track the progress of these solutions.
- Financial performance management so that managers can identify areas of poor performance and implement solutions.
- Invoice management – accounts payable – and keeping track of all payments.
- Incoming payments management – accounts receivable.
- Financial control.
- Travel expenses management.
- Corporate treasury tools to aid financial risk management, regulatory compliance and monitor cash flow and liquidity.
- Real restate lifecycle management, which relates to buying, building, selling, maintaining and growing the capital of property investments.
- Financial management specifically for small and medium sized businesses.
- Business and financial management services in the cloud.
- Mobile financial management solutions.
- Preconfigured financial management solutions.
- Comprehensive Business Suite software.
SAP Financial Courses
The diversity of the SAP financial software packages available has resulted in an equally diverse variety of courses for financial managers, accountants and bookkeepers. SAP FICO courses available include:
- SAP eAcademy Financials – Financial Accounting from SAP’s Training and Certification Shop.
- SAP Certified Application Associate – Financial Accounting with SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 from SAP’s Training and Certification Shop.
- SAP Education Australia & New Zealand offers several financial management-related courses, including Business Processes in Financial Accounting, Asset Accounting, Product Cost Planning, Profitability Analysis, and Payroll Configuration.
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) offers what it calls an “intensive progressive program in accounting” with specific focus on SAP ERP financial management packages.
- ERP Tips offers an SAP Financial Accounting (SAP FI) module that includes General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Bank Accounting, and Funds Management.
SAP Financial Jobs
SAP finance-related jobs are quite well-paid and what is fortunate is that finance professionals are in demand in Australia. So, if you complete some SAP FICO courses you’ll seriously boost your chances of landing a great job.
Let’s take a quick look at salary expectations, according to PayScale.com.
- SAP FICO consultants – a smidge under AU$86 000.
- SAP FICO management accountants – over AU$ 76 300.
- SAP FICO financial accountants – AU$65 000.
- SAP FICO assistant accountants – AU$50 000.
- SAP FICO payroll officers – AU$46 600.
- SAP FICO business analysts – a smidge under AU$126 000.
- SAP FICO accountants – AU$71 000.
All of which is not bad going, really. So, search our list of SAP financial courses and enhance your earning potential.