Business is a perennially popular field of study, especially in well-developed economies such as Australia. Business studies is not just a single field but rather encompasses a broad range of specialisations, including business management, business administration, business analysis and the gamut of finance-related professions.Business courses vary in their degree of complexity, depending on the qualification required. For example, there are certificates for running a home business, which provide the basic elements of business and financial management and administration; and small business diplomas and degrees for those who want to study the corporate business environment in Australia.
Business courses are particularly important for those who have opted for self-employment. It doesn’t matter if you run your own digital start-up in Melbourne or have opened a small fashion boutique in Sydney, you’ll benefit from business administration courses. You don’t even have to commit yourself to six-month or one-year certificate courses; a short course in small business management will provide you with the basics you need to get your business off the ground and keep it afloat.If you do want to take your studies further but are worried about balancing the demands of your new business with learning the ropes, you can take TAFE business courses online.
The quality of online or distance learning is just as good, and in some cases better, than classroom-based learning. And, you needn’t worry about a lack of support because many institutions offer online and face-to-face tutorials and student group sessions to help you overcome the challenges of correspondence business admin and development courses.When it comes to studying business, students have several options. Australia has some of the best business schools in the world, with internationally recognised qualifications and, in addition to classroom learning, many colleges offer online business courses so that people who already have full-time jobs can study business at their own pace.
Business Courses in Australia
Some of the business courses offered by Australian online schools include:
- Certificate II in Business, which is ideal for those who are fresh out of school and who want basic business-related skills to help them get their foot in the door. It includes business training courses, word processing, record keeping, communication and customer service for a range of industries, such as retail and hospitality.
- Certificate III in Business Administration, which includes admin and IT study courses, customer relations, and subjects that will make students proficient accounts payable and receivable clerks.
- Certificate IV in Business, which provides qualifications suitable for middle management positions and includes courses in management, problem-solving, planning, safety, analysis and evaluation for small, medium and large business enterprises.
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management, which is ideal for those who are self-employed or thinking of starting their own business. It includes legal and risk management courses, small business planning, promotions and marketing.
Online Business Schools in Australia
Some of the best online business schools in Australia include:
- The University of South Australia (UniSA), which is based in Adelaide but its International Graduate School of Business courses are available online for students throughout Australia and China.
- RMIT University, which is based in Melbourne but its Graduate School of Business and Law courses are available online throughout Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
- The University of Perth offers its Curtin’s Graduate School of Business courses online.
- The Macquarie Graduate School of Management, which is based in Sydney and offers certain MBA and business courses online.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re in charge of management operations for an international company based in Brisbane or whether you own a small chain of businesses along the Gold Coast you need business courses to back you up. You can choose from training short courses, TAFE certificates, online diplomas and undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in marketing, finance, intelligence, administration and management – or anything else that will meet your business’s needs.
TafeCourses.com.au is an online education and course finder that represents the top universities, colleges, and TAFE institutions in Australia. We promote undergraduate and postgraduate university degrees, TAFE diplomas and certificates, as well as online and short courses in all Australian territories, including New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (QLD), South Australia (SA), Tasmania (TAS), Victoria (VIC), and Western Australia (WA), as well as Northern Territory (NT) & Australian Capital Territory (ACT). You can also search for courses by city, e.g. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Darwin and Canberra. TafeCourses.com.au offers a number of certification and training options, from distance or correspondence learning to bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Uni.