Few people understand that financial planning is more than just adding salaries and deducting expenses. Many of us struggle to earn a sufficient salary, increase our income, get out of debt, and invest our money in a financially efficient way. Financial planning courses from one of the finest learning institutions in Sydney will not only help you to predict natural economic fluctuations and trends, but it will also open up many job opportunities in the finance sector.
With the increasing complexity of taxation laws, the financial planning industry is developing as a distinct profession in Australia. Individuals and organisations are in need of the skills of professionally orientated financial planners to assist them in effective financial investment and risk management, as well as complex retirement planning strategies. Whether you would like an introduction to financial planning for personal or professional reasons, there are schools throughout Sydney that offer the most up-to-date courses in financial planning.
Financial Planning Schools in Sydney
- Pinnacle Financial Services Academy offers a nationally accredited financial planning diploma that is self-paced and for which students can enroll at any time.
- University of Western Sydney offers a half-year, full-time financial planning course or a one-year, part-time course. The course is done through distance learning and can be started either in February or July.
- Macquarie University is focused on providing learners with the skills needed to analyse and anticipate issues across a range of financial conditions and markets.
- Mosman Community College offers an introduction to personal financial planning from an experienced financial planner. Topics covered include goal setting, asset allocation, wealth creation strategies, and taxation strategies.
- TAFE NSW is Australia’s leading provider of vocational education and training. You can choose between a range of long and short courses that suit your learning style and qualifications. Financial planning courses at the various Sydney Institutes are available full-time, part-time, or online.
- Kaplan Professional, which has locations in Sydney, offers a financial planning course designed and delivered by today’s most respected practicing professionals. The course can be completed in around 18 months.
- Investment Banking Institute provides specialist training programs in financial planning. Their courses are nationally recognised, industry valued and listed on the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
- Diploma of Financial Planning covers the full financial planning process including client interaction, strategy development, preparing and presenting a Statement of Advice, and advisory skills and client reviews. The course structure includes studies in generic knowledge, financial planning, general insurance, life insurance, managed investments, securities, superannuation, and derivatives.
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning is aimed at teaching students about taxation planning, estate planning, investment planning, and advanced financial planning advice in more detail than previously.
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning is designed for financial planners who wish to provide a range of standard financial planning services. The course will enable you to assess a client’s requirements and provide appropriate financial advice. Areas covered by the course include ethics, financial planning analysis, developing, implementing and reviewing a financial plan, determining a client’s requirements, and providing financial planning advice.
- Bachelor of Financial Planning is a three-year professional degree that will prepare graduates for employment in the financial planning and financial services industry. There is a strong applied learning focus to this degree, and it has been designed to develop the practical skills and comprehensive knowledge required to build a successful career in the finance and investment industry. You will learn about business awareness and develop critical and analytical skills to apply in a commercial environment. Most Bachelor of Financial Planning courses in Sydney are industry-recognised, and include the opportunity to undertake an industry internship during your third year.
- Master of Financial Planning is designed to provide the educational basis necessary to understand the financial planning industry. Graduates will have the opportunity to work in senior positions in banking, corporate finance, stockbroking, investment management, venture capital, project finance and risk management firms in Sydney and other major cities in Australia, as well as overseas.
Sydney is one of the most important Australian cities, financially speaking. It has a thriving business and financial district which attract professionals from around Australia, as well as around the world. If you want to successfully compete with all of these qualified professionals, you need to ensure that your qualifications are that little bit smarter – or that you have a little more financial savvy than all the other aspirant planners out there. Doing well in TAFE financial planning certificates and diplomas, which include practical training elements, is one way to stand out; working your way up from the bottom of a business while studying is another. Remember that no matter what your qualifications, you still need to sell yourself to land the best jobs, so start working on your personal elevator pitch now.