Even though computers and technology have become entrenched in our daily lives, there are still a lot of people who panic at the smallest glitch. The gadgets and machines without which we couldn’t live are still alien and mysterious, which is why we love our IT guys (and girls) so much. One wonders if the god-like status with which we view IT experts isn’t part of the reason why information technology courses are so popular in Australia.
Information technology is difficult to pin down; what started as a simple concept has grown to include absolutely everything digital, mobile, desktop and communications related. There days there is such a variety of IT courses available that you’re spoilt for choice. For example, do they want to go into software or game development, do they want to be software architects or designers, do they want to be programmers or hardware specialists? In times past, the sky was the limit but as technology continues to leap forward, the limit is now somewhere in the stratosphere. not sure where to start your IT career? Have a look at our overview of some of the IT courses you can do to get qualified in your desired IT area.
There are many ways to study information technology, such as specialist IT schools or colleges, short courses online or by attending one of the reputable universities in Australia and getting either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Examples of IT courses:
- Diploma in Information Technology (Software Development), which is ideal for aspirant programmers.
- Cisco Certification Network Associate from the Australian Institute of Commerce and Technology in Perth, which is ideal for aspirant networkers who need a sound base in Cisco routers and networking solutions.
- Programming in C# with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 which is ideal for anyone who needs to become acquainted with the complicated C# program.
- Certificate II in Telecommunications, which is essentially a telecommunications, cabling and network engineering course and which is ideal for anyone who wants to get into information technology systems integration and administration and VoIP operations.
- Diploma of Information Technology from the Melbourne Institute of Technology, which is fairly comprehensive in scope and includes courses in operating systems, web technology, business information systems, hardware, database management and multimedia.
- Master of Information Technology (Management) from the University of Queensland, which combines the fields of IT systems and business to create well-rounded professionals comfortable in any business environment.
- Advanced Diploma of Information Technology from Sydney College of Business and IT, which consists of courses in systems development, research and security assessment and management.