Brisbane features a diverse range of IT and Information Technology options, including a range of world class universities, schools, and courses.
Read on to find out more about what IT course options are available in Brisbane.
IT Schools in Brisbane
- Australian College of Information Technology offers world-class training programs that cover a number of IT industry certifications and national information technology qualifications. The college is known for placing 100% of its graduates in rewarding careers.
- Intech Institute of Technology in South Brisbane uses the best mix of current IT products and training methods to provide well-rounded computer courses. The college focuses on practical study methods and real business case scenarios. They provide all full-time students with a free notebook laptop and free textbooks.
- Queensland University of Technology’s courses have strong industry links and a commercial focus. You can choose to do a short course, an undergraduate degree, or a postgraduate degree.
- Brisbane North Institute of TAFE offers a wide variety of IT courses that are taught by industry professionals. Many of the programs incorporate work experience with industry partners in contemporary learning environments.
IT Courses in Brisbane
Bachelor Degree in Information Technology
Bachelor Degree in Information Technology is a three-year full-time degree or a six-year part-time degree. You will be allowed to tailor your degree to the area of specialty that interests you. This includes business process management, data warehousing, digital environments, enterprise systems, network systems, software engineering, and web technologies. During your third year, you will be given the opportunity to work in the industry work to gain valuable on-the-job experience. Career opportunities include business analyst, computer scientist, data communications specialist, database manager, electronic commerce developer, information officer, network administrator, programmer, software engineer, systems analyst, systems programmer, and web designer.
Certificates II and III in Information Technology Courses
- Certificates II and III in Information Technology courses in Brisbane are suited to anyone seeking to improve their general computer literacy skills. The course is focused on teaching students about the modern office environment, and how to create, record and present information. The course will enable you to work as a clerk, data entry operator, or computer operator.
Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking)
Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking) is for anyone who would like a career in Computer Servicing, Network Administration, or Desktop Support. You will learn how to administer and maintain a Microsoft network, and can continue to study further towards MCSE and Diploma of Information of Technology courses from an accredited college in Brisbane. Career options include network administration, network management, IT coordinator, field service engineer, user/technical support officer, computer servicing, and support officer.
Certificate IV in Information Technology (Multimedia)
Certificate IV in Information Technology (Multimedia) is suited to anyone interested in starting a career in Web Design, or creating multimedia for the Internet and other forms of digital distribution. In the course, you will learn about Internet and interactive multimedia technologies, as well as multimedia development, multimedia authoring, virtual reality production, multimedia design concepts and multimedia production techniques. Job opportunities include digital media producer, multimedia designer, website designer, multimedia developer, graphic designer, multimedia CD production, advertising production, and multimedia author.
Diploma of Information Technology (Website Development)
Diploma of Information Technology will prepare you to work as a professional website developer and programmer for any business in Brisbane. You will be taught technical and practical skills for designing, programming and administering dynamic e-commerce enabled websites. You will be required to have sufficient knowledge in current web programming languages and keep up with the latest database techniques. The diploma will enable you to work as a web author, webmaster, business analyst, e-commerce developer, project manager, web developer, programmer, and web application developer.
Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Network Security) will equip you with the necessary skills to become an IT Security Specialist. The program focuses on practical training on how to plan, implement and manage a secure information system infrastructure. The program provides a foundation for further study towards CCNP, CCIE, or a university degree. Job opportunities include network administration, network management, systems integration, systems administrator, systems security auditor, information system security specialist, network security analyst, and network security specialist.
Master of Information Technology
Master of Information Technology has a strong focus on the information systems and database technology used in organisations of all kinds. This is an ideal qualification for anyone who does not have a previous IT degree but would like to enhance their current area of specialisation with IT knowledge.