Break into the buoyant beauty industry or enhance your skills with nationally recognised training that comes with a wealth of complimentary extras and no hidden costs.
Jobs in beauty therapy nearly doubled between 2002 and 2011 (source: joboutlook.gov.au), delivering great opportunities for skilled professionals. Take advantage of these opportunities with this custom-designed distance learning course that develops your skills so that you can deliver a full range of services, including skin-care treatments, pedicures, manicures, massages and waxing. A work placement conducted in the setting of your choice or in Open Colleges’ Brisbane assessment centre will help you build confidence, competence and industry contacts. You will also enjoy more than $1800 worth of bonus items, including a beauty kit packed with products from Vani-T and Krush Minerals, and a professional nail kit from Young Nails, to help you further your skills.
Start anytime, choose one of our affordable payment options and study at your own pace online or by correspondence. You will be supported throughout by our experienced trainers and the vibrant online learning community at OpenSpace. When you successfully complete your course, your qualification will be recognised by salons around Australia and you will be eligible for affiliate membership of the Advanced Association of Beauty Therapists. Ambitious students may even wish to pursue higher-level studies by enrolling in Open Colleges’ SIB40110 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy.
- Salon-based beauty therapist
- Cruise ship or resort-based beauty therapist
- Mobile beauty therapist
- Self-employed beauty therapist
- In-store skin-care and cosmetics demonstrator
- Beauty salon owner-operator
- Beauté Internationale beauty kit, including professional salon products from leading cosmetics companies such as Vani-T and Krush Minerals
- Young Nails standard professional nail kit
- Professional Beauty Therapy: Australia and New Zealand First Edition textbook
- Waxing DVD
Valued at more than $1800!
- 10% student discount on Young Nails products and Beauté Internationale products
Advanced Association of Beauty Therapists
Students who successfully complete their Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy SIB40110 will be entitled to affiliate membership of the Advanced Association of Beauty Therapists. Membership benefits include:
- Business-related support and advice
- Quarterly magazine The Australian Beauty Therapist
- Opportunities to attend professional seminars and workshops.
- SIRXCOM001A - Communicate in the workplace
- SIRXOHS001A - Apply safe working practices
- SIBXCCS201A - Conduct financial transactions
- SIRXIND001A - Work effectively in a retail environment
- SIBXCCS202A - Provide service to clients
- SIRXSLS001A - Sell products and services
- SIBBNLS201A - Work in a nail services framework
- SIBBNLS204A - Apply acrylic nail enhancement
- SIBBNLS202A - Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SIBBCCS403A - Recognise body structures and systems in a beauty therapy context
- SIBBCCS301A - Apply the principles of skin biology to beauty treatments
- SIBBCCS405A - Develop treatment plans
- SIBBRES201A - Research and apply beauty industry information
- SIBBFAS201A - Demonstrate retail skin care products
- SIBBCCS302A - Advise on beauty services
- SIBXFAS201A - Design and apply make-up
- SIBXFAS202A - Design and apply make-up for photography
- SIBBFAS303A - Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- HLTFA301B - Apply first aid
- SIBBCCS404A - Work in a skin therapies framework
- BSBSUS201A - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SIBBBOS401A - Perform body massage
- SIBBFAS404A - Provide facial treatments
- SIBBFAS302A - Provide lash and brow treatments
- SIBBHRS301A - Perform waxing treatments
For more information about this course please complete the enquiry form on the right.
About Open Colleges
By submiting an enquiry on this Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy, you will receive a complimentary course consultation with Open Colleges.
At Open Colleges, we put you at the centre of everything that we do. We measure our success in the success of our students. With more than 100 years of experience in distance learning, we have the expertise in delivering education and training to individuals seeking to launch, change or accelerate their careers.
We focus on meeting the specific needs of adult learners by delivering highly flexible, accessible and affordable learning opportunities. Our unique learning model provides you with ultimate control – to study anywhere, anytime and at your own pace. Our online campus – OpenSpace – provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, collaboration with other learners and a comprehensive range of support services.
RTO number: 90796
Want to know more about this course? Simply fill out this short form to receive a free course consultation with Open Colleges.
Included in your Open Colleges course consultation:
- Pricing and payment options
- Start dates
- Delivery mode - online or in-class
- Career advice
- How to get help and contact information
- Everything you need to know before enrolling!