The Diploma of Project Management is designed to equip graduates with the critical project management skills they need to succeed in planning, managing and delivering projects on time and to budget. You’ll learn the project scoping and quality planning to set and achieve project objectives, while honing your communication and initiative skills to drive productivity within the project team and buy-in across the business.
CAL has received endorsement for our Diploma of Project Management (BSB50820) course from the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), the premier, longest-serving body for project management in Australia.
Having passed a rigorous review by AIPM auditors, adding an AIPM-endorsed diploma to your repertoire demonstrates your commitment to project management professional development and the elevation of industry practices.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Senior Project Administrator
- Project Manager
- Risk Manager
What You'll Learn
- Develop, manage and execute project plans
- Lead and performance manage a project team
- Manage large budgets and financial plans across multiple projects
- Manage small to large projects using the PMBOK 10 knowledge areas
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: approx 12 months
- Full-time: approx 14-16 months
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets
- A PDF Reader installed
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Where it will lead me
- The Diploma of Project Management online will set you up for long-term career growth with key skills in project planning and delivery, from creating work breakdown structures to dealing with time and cost constraints, through to managing human resources and communicating with stakeholders
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)