What is a Diploma of Beauty Therapy?
A Diploma of Beauty Therapy is a qualification taught through VET (Vocational Education and Training) programs, often via TAFE, that teaches you a broad range of beauty therapy treatments, including lash and brow treatments, hair removal, retail skin-care information and other beauty therapy treatments. A diploma also involves work placement or a traineeship which will help you understand spa therapies framework, a classic salon working environment, or any other beauty therapist working environment you could dream of!
During a diploma you’ll cover a range of units, possibly including:
- Provide Waxing Services
- Provide Manicure and Pedicure Services
- Design and Apply Makeup
- Provide Lash and Brow Services
- Provide Stone Therapy Massages
- Prepare Personalised Aromatic Plant Oil Blends for Beauty Treatments
- Provide Facial Treatments and Skin Care Recommendations
- Provide Specialised Facial Treatments
- Apply Safe Hygiene, Health and Work Practices
- Comply With Organisational Requirements Within a Personal Services Environment
- Provide Salon Services to Clients
- Conduct Salon Financial Transactions
- Provide Indian Head Massages for Relaxation
- Research and Apply Beauty Industry Information
- Provide Body Massages
- Provide Body Treatments
- Provide Aromatherapy Massages
- Use Reflexology Relaxation Techniques in Beauty Treatments
- Provide Female Intimate Waxing Services
- Maintain Infection Control Standards
- Provide Micro-Dermabrasion Treatments
- Apply Eyelash Extensions
- Design and Apply Remedial Camouflage Make-Up
How to study a Diploma of Beauty therapy:
Many organisations offer a multitude of study options for students. If you’re worried about meeting entry requirements, there are a few pathways you can take, including completing a Certificate III or Certificate IV either in beauty therapy or a similar field. International students should inquire with CRICOS to check their entry requirements before choosing to enrol.
Registered Training Organisations (RTO‘s) may also offer both part-time and full-time study options to students so that you can fit the course around your lifestyle.
Specific job titles for graduates of this course include:
- Beauty Therapist
- Spa Therapist
- Massage Therapist
- Salon Manager
- Small Business Owner
For further information about course fees, commonwealth funding, private tuition fees, start dates and more, enquire about a specific course above!