- This course is part of the Victorian Government’s Free TAFE initiative. Enquire now to see if you are eligible
Are you hoping to secure an apprenticeship and develop an engineering career in the metal fabrication, manufacturing or mechanical field?
This course will give you the entry-level skills and knowledge to work in the engineering industry and increase your opportunities to gain an apprenticeship.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Apprentice in metal or mechanical trade
What You'll Learn
The course covers skills in:
• Using hand and power tools
• Engineering science
• Fabrication techniques
• Technical drawing
• Quality concepts
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 months (2-5 days per week)
Changes to delivery due to COVID-19
The Gordon is utilising Gordon Online, our digital learning management system to ensure students continue to learn and reach their study goals during isolation. Classes are being delivered live (in real-time) using audio-visual delivery methods. Where on-campus attendance is required to complete practical learning and assessments, student numbers are being managed to ensure social distancing can be observed.
Applicants are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 10 level.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
Assessment for this course is based on:
- Hands-on projects
- Written assignments
About The Gordon Institute of TAFE
The Gordon Institute of TAFE is one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria and has been helping people gain real skills for real jobs for over 130 years. We pride ourselves on delivering a great range of TAFE courses from short courses to nationally accredited training across apprenticeships, traineeships, certificates, diplomas, and advanced diplomas, which can lead you to a great career or create pathways to university.
Gordon Institute of TAFE is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 3044)