This nationally recognised qualification will provide you with financial skills, knowledge and confidence in accounts and bookkeeping management for the modern world.
The course includes setting up and managing accounting statements and cloud computing software, preparing financial statements and reports, and payroll. As well as practical training in bookkeeping, payroll, BAS and technology, including preparing and lodging business and instalment activity statements, and providing advice or dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to activity statements. This course meets the registration requirements to provide business activity statement (BAS) services.
You will get hands-on experience with cloud-based accounting program, Xero, which is commonly used in the finance industry and is a leading service provider across Australia and New Zealand, as well as having the option to gain your Xero advisor certification at no additional fee.
If you’re looking to start your career in finance and bookkeeping or want a pathway into a degree program, then this is the course for you. Our flexible online study allows you to continue with your current role while you study.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant Financial Broker
- Banking Sales Consultant
- Credit Officer or Manager
- Finance Sector Team Leader
- Financial Markets Administrative Officer
- Lending Officer
- Mobile Banking Consultant
What You'll Learn
- Accounting and bookkeeping foundations
- Preparing financial reports
- Managing operational budgets
- Operation of accounting systems
- Cloud computing software
- Payroll management
- Preparing business activity statements (BAS)
- Small business planning
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 12 – 18 months
- There are no education requirements for this qualification. However, participants must be 18 years old or over
- World-class online learning allowing study to fit around your life
- Balance work, family, social life and study
- Study on any device – desktop or mobile
- Real people helping you reach your goals
About Swinburne Open Education
We're focused on helping more and more Australians achieve their career aspirations and ensure they’re prepared for future workforce needs.
The world is evolving during this Covid-19 Pandemic and education needs to evolve with it to ensure future workforce needs are met. There are many students currently putting off or pausing their education due to imposed safety constraints and economic uncertainty. We want to ensure that future workforce needs are met and that students can get the outcomes they aspire to, whether it’s a new job, a raise, or a career change.
When you study at Swinburne Open Education, you know your learning is in the best hands, with the education experience and prestige of our strategic partnership with Swinburne, and the commercial backing of one of the largest private education groups in APAC, UP Education. Together, we have built a world-class, online native learning platform, to help you reach your career goals – anywhere, anytime.
We support you to achieve your career goals, from work-integrated learning, though to work placement. We’ve partnered with industry experts that need people like you, now.
Swinburne University is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO#3059)