This nationally recognised qualification will provide you with financial skills, knowledge and confidence in accounts and bookkeeping management for the modern world.
The course includes setting up and managing accounting statements and cloud computing software, preparing financial statements and reports, and payroll. As well as practical training in bookkeeping, payroll, BAS and technology, including preparing and lodging business and instalment activity statements, and providing advice or dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to activity statements. This course meets the registration requirements to provide business activity statement (BAS) services.
If you’re looking to start your career in finance and bookkeeping or want a pathway into a degree program, then this is the course for you. Our flexible online study allows you to continue with your current role while you study.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Assistant Financial Broker
- Banking Sales Consultant
- Credit Officer or Manager
- Finance Sector Team Leader
- Financial Markets Administrative Officer
- Lending Officer
- Mobile Banking Consultant
What You'll Learn
- Accounting and bookkeeping foundations
- Preparing financial reports
- Managing operational budgets
- Operation of accounting systems
- Cloud computing software
- Payroll management
- Preparing business activity statements (BAS)
- Small business planning
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 12 – 18 months
- There are no education requirements for this qualification. However, participants must be 18 years old or over
- World-class online learning allowing study to fit around your life
- Balance work, family, social life and study
- Study on any device – desktop or mobile
- Real people helping you reach your goals
About Swinburne Open Education
We are focused on helping more and more Australians achieve their career aspirations and ensuring they're prepared for future workforce needs. We support you to achieve your career goals, from work-integrated learning, to work placement. We’ve partnered with industry experts that need people like you, now.
Swinburne Open Education courses are delivered and assessed by UP Education, one of the largest private education groups in the Asia-Pacific. All qualifications are nationally recognised in Australia and are awarded by Swinburne University of Technology.
Together, UP Education and Swinburne University of Technology have established Swinburne Open Education – a world-class, online native learning platform, to help you reach your career goals, anytime, anywhere.
Swinburne University of Technology is a registered training organisation (RTO 3059)