CAL’s Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) will kickstart your pathway towards becoming a licences builder by developing your knowledge of key project planning activities, risk management, estimating and contract admin, and legal requirements to apply to small to medium-sized builds. You’ll learn to interpret construction drawings and specifications in conjunction with relevant regulations to ensure structures are compliant.
Graduating with this Certificate IV will set you up for success in small residential and commercial construction projects to ensure smooth planning and operations. You’ll have the knowledge to manage construction site planning to ensure compliance with building and construction regulations, standards and codes, paired with the skills to accurately estimate and schedule materials and labour needs.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Leading Hand
- Construction Supervisor
What You'll Learn
- Ensuring quality, OH&S standards and legal requirements are met to support safe workplace practices
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications to make sure they comply with relevant regulations, codes and standards
- Estimate materials and labour costs and resources to ensure projects run smoothly
- Manage and negotiate contracts
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: approx 16-18 months
- Full-time: approx 12 months
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)