The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is the entry-level qualification for anyone who wants to work in the Early Childhood Education sector.
This qualification covers the fundamentals of early childhood development, education and care. Upon completion of the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you will have the skills, knowledge and experience to plan activities to promote children’s learning through play. These experiences will enable children to develop into confident and competent learners during their time spent at their Early Learning Centre.
As a result of the practical components of Selmar’s Early Childhood course, you will be ready to commence a career as an Early Childhood Educator, Kindergarten Educator, Outside School Hours Educator, Preschool Educator, Family Day Care Educator or Nanny.
If you are considering studying an early childhood course at Selmar, we offer study via distance or workplace in NSW, VIC or QLD. Workplace traineeships also are offered in VIC and NSW. Our experienced and supportive trainers will be with you every step of the way.
They are passionate about delivering quality early childhood courses and relevant learning opportunities to our learners.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Learning Educator
- Kindergarten Assistant
- Outside School Hours Care Educator
- Playgroup Supervisor
- Family Day Care Educator
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- To commence this program, your Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must meet the required standards for ACSF LEVEL 2.
- Victoria and NSW learners — You need to either provide a current Working With Children. Check (WWCC) or provide evidence that you have applied for a WWCC.
- Queensland learners — You need to either provide a current Blue Card or provide evidence that you have applied for a Blue Card.
- If you are unable to obtain a WWCC or Blue Card you will not be able to complete the requirements of the course
- For non-workplace or online learners, evidence of flu vaccination may be required to undertake a practical placement in some centres.
- Ongoing support and communication are provided from our experienced and friendly trainers via phone, email and placement visits. Yes, we come to you!
- Studying at Selmar also provides loads of other benefits and inclusions such as dedicated learner support, language and literacy and numeracy support, learner community hubs, placement uniform and an interactive online portal
- One of the benefits of studying with Selmar is our practical learning that will help you develop hands-on, real-life skills so you develop sector-ready confidence to succeed in the workplace!
- As part of this program, 180 hours must be completed in an education and care service. For learners not currently working in the sector, these hours are incorporated into our programs through practical placement. And, we even help you organise placement via our extensive sector centre network!
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Selmar Institute of Education provides Recognition of Prior learning.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) allows assessment of the student’s previously unrecognised skills and knowledge.
About Selmar Institute of Education
Selmar Institute of Education is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO), with over 15 years’ experience educating over 32,000 learners.
As a specialist education provider in early childhood, before and after school and aged care, our human-centred training is designed to enable learners to gain the knowledge, professional skills and confidence to make a difference in these essential sectors. Providing fully accredited courses for both distance and in the workplace, our learners gain sector relevant skills supported by real-life practical and hands-on experience.
Wherever our learners are on their learning journey, our structured yet unique approach supports each learner with their different needs and circumstances, ensuring they become equipped to make a positive, caring and compassionate impact to their personal and workplace environment. Our team of passionate, supportive and knowledgeable trainers can also help organise practical placement and are with learners from start to finish, helping unlock their potential, achieve their goals and thrive in their career.
Education inspired by care and compassion.
Selmar Institute of Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number – 121531)