- This course is not offered to International students
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification reflects the role of educators in early childhood education and care who work in regulated children’s education and care services in Australia. Educators at this level are responsible for designing and implementing a curriculum that meets the requirements of an approved learning framework and maintains compliance in other areas of service operations. They use specialised knowledge and analyse and apply theoretical concepts to diverse work situations. They may have responsibility for the supervision of volunteers or other educators. Early childhood educators work in long daycare centres, family daycare, pre-schools or kindergartens.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Early Childhood Coordinator
- Family Day Care Coordinator
- Team Leader
- Play Group Coordinator
- Pre-school programs
- Family Day Care Centre supervisor
- Playgroup Supervisor
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
The delivery structure is comprised of classroom training sessions, structured learning such as training support, learning activities, self-paced (to allow the learners to absorb and reflect on their learning), workshops and work placement.
- Lectures / Instructions
- Demonstrations and modelling
- Practice opportunities
- Brainstorming activities
- Group discussions
- Guided facilitation of individual or group learning activities, group work or project-based case studies
- Hold a CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care OR
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Students must satisfy the following age, English and other requirements:
- Must be 18 years or over
- Undertake Pre Training Review
- Undertake an LLN test: Learning (ACSF Level 4), reading (ACSF Level 3), writing (ACSF Level 3), oral communication (ACSF Level 3) and numeracy (ACSF Level 3) is desirable to participate in the course.
- Moderate level of computer literacy and has access to an Internet-enabled device
- Students complete separate digital literacy test to identify the level of digital literacy
- To achieve this qualification, you must have completed a total of least 280 hours of work in a regulated children’s education and care service in Australia as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency. The total number of hours may be applied collectively across all units of competency that include the requirement for workplace hours.
- Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements.
- If a student is unable to find an appropriate work placement, Hammond Institute will assist in finding the work placements.
- Before you commence placement, you must hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Knowledge Questions
- Written Assignment & Case studies
- Workplace Assessment
- Log Book
- Projects / Research Reviews
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care requires 15 units of Competency.
- 12 core units
- 3 elective units
About Hammond Institute
Hammond Institute is a Registered Training Organisation which has been delivering quality training since 2001. Hammond Institute works with the community, industry and employers to develop and deliver innovative training that equips people for jobs.
Hammond Institute Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO NO: 90720)